??????????????????????????mm??????????
Whos goin to the one where its fused with ozzfest?(Lamb of God and some other ozzfest bands playin same day and same venue as SOTU bands)

Quote 0 0
CannibalCorpse
I'm going. I've been to the two previous years. I loved Behemoth last year. Amon Amarth is definetely the highlight for me this year, though. Viking metal! I hate more than half of the bands there, though. I can't miss Shadows Fall, Goatwhore, Amon Amarth and Gwar and wouldn't mind seeing Chimaira and Job For A Cowboy. The other bands can drop off the tour for all I care.

Quote 0 0
watchwolf
Amon Amarth aren't viking metal.

I'm definitely not going since Amon AMarth is the only bands I would want to see there, and they got screwed over.
Quote 0 0
jimbob232
Not enough good bands in good time slots worth traveling for.

Quote 0 0
Unregistered
Pretty gay slots (Necro over Goatwhore and AA?), but if I can get a ride, I'll be going.
Quote 0 0
CannibalCorpse
Yeah, I think Amon Amarth should play right before Gwar. More than half of the bands suck, just like Ozzfest, but I'd kick myself if I missed Amon Amarth.

Quote 0 0
soilworker
If I go, it will be for Shads, Chimaira, Amon Amarth, and All that Remains (if I can go to the NJ show).
Rock out with your cock out!
Quote 0 0
watchwolf
I saw Amon Amarth live at Wacken Open Air last year.
Quote 0 0
stlslayer
I will be at the Dallas date opening night
Quote 0 0
CannibalCorpse
I know SOTU is a metal/hardcore tour, but still, it needs some better line-ups. More metal, less hardcore.

Quote 0 0
watchwolf
SOTU needs some UNDERGROUND bands.
Quote 0 0
sweet_dark
I don't want to miss Amon Amarth so I'm going!

Quote 0 0
??????????????????????????mm??????????
Why would you say Amon Amarth isn't viking metal? They have songs like Fate of Norns, Death In Fire, The Beheading of A King, Valhal Awaits Me, Runes To My Memory...How could that not be viking metal

Quote 0 0
jimbob232
They're more along the lines of traditional death/melodic death metal with viking themed lyrics.

Viking metal is an offshoot of black/folk metal with norse themes. Different instrumental styles.

Quote 0 0
krazzzykornkidd
i want to go to SOTU to see chimaira but its not coming near here. =(
Quote 0 0