harbabd
I am not going to be like a lot of the fans bitching and complaining about the Fest because it seems Sharon and crew did what they thought they had to do.

This is a show for an older crowd, for all the fun posters have had at the expense of the Mayhem shows, it seems pretty obvious that Ozzfest didn't want to go that route.  So in order to differentiate themselves from the other tours this summer they went with an older lineup and a shorter schedule.

Be honest here, no one under the age of 30 is going to go to Ozzfest, there is no reason for Metal fans of that age to shell out the money that this will cost for names they don't know.  I love Ozzy, I love the Crue and I love some of the second stage guys, but this is not a blended fest of old and new.  This is a show meant for the Metal fans over the age of 35 just like those fans would say that the Mayhem show is for the fans under 30. 

I won't bash Ozzfest for it, because you can't blame their business strategy.  It looks like Ozzfest does not want to compete with the new summer tours that are cheaper and younger so they went in a different direction.

To all that are going, have a blast.  To those who are disappointed, there are other options we didn't have a decade ago but I feel you pain.  I have been to some amazing Ozzfests 1999 and 2000 were truly special, but I don't think we will have those glory days again. 
Quote 0 0
WhyTheDelayForOzzfest10
Um, im 18 and im going
Quote 0 0
OzManToPNC
Personally,I'll step up here and say I like the line-up except for Crue don't get me wrong I like Crue's music but they got their own Festival for that. Ozzfest is sposse to be about Hard Rock and Metal music But i see what they are doing though,what people don't realize is look at what Sharon puts on the festival every year bands that are either on Radio or TV Play,while Jack Organizes the underground bands all the Radio Or TV Played Bands are booked soild this summer with either them being on a tour with other bands,Like Megadeth and Slayer, or their on antoher festival like Mayhem,or maybe their in the studio work on a new album for next year,or hell maybe instead of tour the states this year they decide they wanted to do a world tour. and personally I'm think the reason there's not alot of bands and alot of dates this year is cause they wanna take a baby step and see how they do agianst mayhem festival in ticket sales and see if Ozzfest still has any life to it what so ever. and maybe next year seeing that ozzfest turns the big 15 and ozzy's doing a world tour have OZZFEST go out with a big dramatic BANG!!!!.

Bring OZZFEST 2008 where it needs to be at the PNC Bank Arts Center
Quote 0 0
Mike93
All the bitching about the line up is stupid anyway. Bitching won't change it.
Quote 0 0
0v3Rt3hM0unTa1n
i think the point is that there is no COMPETITION between Ozzfest and Mayhemfest. It's two separate festivals with two separate groups of fans.
Quote 0 0
Kindbud
I think the headliners fit into the 30 plus fans but the fest still has some new sh!t too, unlike Mahem which Aims to the under 35 group almost completely.  Looking forward to seeing some bands I have not seen before and the kids will get a chance to see some icons
Quote 0 0
Jayman
harbabd wrote:

I am not going to be like a lot of the fans bitching and complaining about the Fest because it seems Sharon and crew did what they thought they had to do.

This is a show for an older crowd, for all the fun posters have had at the expense of the Mayhem shows, it seems pretty obvious that Ozzfest didn't want to go that route.  So in order to differentiate themselves from the other tours this summer they went with an older lineup and a shorter schedule.

Be honest here, no one under the age of 30 is going to go to Ozzfest, there is no reason for Metal fans of that age to shell out the money that this will cost for names they don't know.  I love Ozzy, I love the Crue and I love some of the second stage guys, but this is not a blended fest of old and new.  This is a show meant for the Metal fans over the age of 35 just like those fans would say that the Mayhem show is for the fans under 30. 

I won't bash Ozzfest for it, because you can't blame their business strategy.  It looks like Ozzfest does not want to compete with the new summer tours that are cheaper and younger so they went in a different direction.

To all that are going, have a blast.  To those who are disappointed, there are other options we didn't have a decade ago but I feel you pain.  I have been to some amazing Ozzfests 1999 and 2000 were truly special, but I don't think we will have those glory days again. 

I don't think this is going in a different direction at all.  You have halford which is good metal and ozzfest has had priest before.  Nonpoint and devil driver have also played the fest before.  You have some good bands on the second stage like BLS, skeletonwitch, kataklysm, ghoatwhore.  The only difference is Motley Crue.  I think people are judging it as something totally different solely because of motley crue.  That is a different kind of band than ozzfest usually has. 
Quote 0 0
nickb81
Boy you're way wrong I'm going and I'm not over 35. This is a great lineup. Finally not all the same tired ass queer shit they have every year. Ill be at tinley park see you there.
Quote 0 0
Mantooth
Relax, Zipperhead.
Quote 0 0