OzzIsGod
1. I ended up getting Pit Tickets on eBay for $100 a piece, and I'm mainly going for Ozzy, but I'm kind of excited to see the rest of the Main Stage bands along with BLS. So what I'm wondering is, how many people start lining up before the gates up to get into the Pit and how early? And if I don't want to do that, and maybe show up later, do you think it'll be hard to get up close in the pit?

2. What are the rules of coming in and out of the Pit. And are you allowed to go back to your car at all?

3. And finally, say I don't want to stay in the pit for one band or something - Can I go out of the pit for a band or two and maybe sit and relax somewhere? Are there any places to sit and relax even? Lol

Anything will help. Thanks in advance.
Quote 0 0
Crazy_eyes
Here's some advice.  Buying tickets off of ebay was actually quite retarded.  If you wanna pay less for tickets you go to ticketexchange on ticketmaster.  They disable the bar-code on the previous tickets and print-out new tickets for you.
Quote 0 0
Wizard_of_Ozz
OzzIsGod wrote:

1. I'm mainly going for Ozzy, but I'm kind of excited to see the rest of the Main Stage bands along with BLS. So what I'm wondering is, how many people start lining up before the gates up to get into the Pit and how early? And if I don't want to do that, and maybe show up later, do you think it'll be hard to get up close in the pit?

2. What are the rules of coming in and out of the Pit. And are you allowed to go back to your car at all?

3. And finally, say I don't want to stay in the pit for one band or something - Can I go out of the pit for a band or two and maybe sit and relax somewhere? Are there any places to sit and relax even? Lol

1.You will be able to see BLS and then walk over to the main stage and get a good spot in the pit.

2. You can come & go from the pit (with pit tickets) as much as you want to.

3.You can go check out the Village of the Damned (vendors selling cool shirts, stickers, and tons of stuff plus Bros. Grim Sideshow, Body Airbrush Booth, etc)
Quote 0 0
OzzIsGod
Wizard_of_Ozz wrote:

OzzIsGod wrote:

1. I'm mainly going for Ozzy, but I'm kind of excited to see the rest of the Main Stage bands along with BLS. So what I'm wondering is, how many people start lining up before the gates up to get into the Pit and how early? And if I don't want to do that, and maybe show up later, do you think it'll be hard to get up close in the pit?

1.You will be able to see BLS and then walk over to the main stage and get a good spot in the pit.

3.You can go check out the Village of the Damned (vendors selling cool shirts, stickers, and tons of stuff plus Bros. Grim Sideshow, Body Airbrush Booth, etc)

Thanks for the answers!

How early can you start going into the pit for the main stage?

And are you allowed to go back to your car at all?
Quote 0 0
FIRSTOZZYFAN
OzzIsGod wrote:

Wizard_of_Ozz wrote:

OzzIsGod wrote:

Thanks for the answers!

How early can you start going into the pit for the main stage?

And are you allowed to go back to your car at all?
If you bought a ticket for 100 bucks to get in the pit and you still want to go out to your car,...buy a cheap lawn ticket as well.
(there are time restrictions on how long you can go out once you`ve redeemed your ticket)
It`s like 15 bucks...I got one for 10 bucks.
I use my regular ticket to get in...then when I want to go relax in my car for lunch or go to the aquarium to cool off or watch the other "wildlife"...I use the cheap lawn ticket to get back in.
When you are back in you reapproach the pit and flash your pit ticket to regain entry to the pit itself.
It`s a standard practice for my OZZFEST trips.
Getting out of the sun for a break gives you a second wind for enjoying the OZZFEST with a maximum potential.
Just be sure to time your little OZZSCAPE carefully so as not to miss anything you really want to check out.
FOF

Quote 0 0
IbanezJS
What about the Meet and greets? Who did them and did OZZY, Rob, And Motley Crue had autographed CDs for sale?
Quote 0 0
0v3Rt3hM0unTa1n
Wizard_of_Ozz wrote:

OzzIsGod wrote:

QFT
Quote 0 0
OzzIsGod
So, how early are you allowed to start going into the Main Stage Pit area? Before BLS ends, directly after? Is there a line that you can get in to start lining up to get in?

Sorry for all of the questions - This is my first Ozzfest and I want to try my hardest to get on the front rail for the Main Stage, or at least very close.
Quote 0 0
FIRSTOZZYFAN
OzzIsGod wrote:

So, how early are you allowed to start going into the Main Stage Pit area? Before BLS ends, directly after? Is there a line that you can get in to start lining up to get in?

Sorry for all of the questions - This is my first Ozzfest and I want to try my hardest to get on the front rail for the Main Stage, or at least very close.
As soon as the gates open....you can go right to the main stage pit.
You`d be there for a helluva long time with nothin goin on but your bladder torturing you....but thats up to you.
Remember the set times...thats when the main stage will fire up. ( that`s like 4 something o`clock? no?)
No matter what its usually a challenge to be up front in the pit.....it`s very territorial. Keeping your spot is high maintenance. And it`s not really a spot...it`s a pit. If you move, your "spot" is GONE.
Ask as many questions as you want...most of us are more than happy to give you some info on what to expect.
Wizard of Ozz`s info is the most official and usually the most accurate......
But venue experience specific info is best gotten from/given by people who have been in those seating arrangements at those venues for many years. I have gone to almost all the NJ / Philly Ozzfests.
Some info is not really known by the general public.
Some stuff the promoters dont talk about.... but here you will find open assistance.
If you look at someone in NJ the wrong way...you will be killed.

( just kidding....have fun...it`s all good)
FOF

Quote 0 0
OzzIsGod
I've been in plenty of GA pits before, they're nothing new to me. I just want to be on the rail for this one, so I might just just there all day xD Haha, but we'll see.

I'm 17, and my dad is going (he's gone to plenty of other concerts with me, including pit shows) and I'm mainly worried about him. He's worried he won't be able to keep up all day. That's why I was wondering if there are places to rest outside of the pit or something. Also, that's another reason I want the front rail, because I can try to save a spot a lot easier than being in the middle of the pit.
Quote 0 0
FIRSTOZZYFAN
OzzIsGod wrote:

I've been in plenty of GA pits before, they're nothing new to me. I just want to be on the rail for this one, so I might just just there all day xD Haha, but we'll see.

I'm 17, and my dad is going (he's gone to plenty of other concerts with me, including pit shows) and I'm mainly worried about him. He's worried he won't be able to keep up all day. That's why I was wondering if there are places to rest outside of the pit or something. Also, that's another reason I want the front rail, because I can try to save a spot a lot easier than being in the middle of the pit.
Dad will be fine...I take kids with me to most Ozzfests...(teens)..and its always a great day. Just have a plan of keeping in contact...text..meeting places, what have you.
Meet or call/text every set amount of times with your dad.
Like 1/2 hourly or whatever. He can sit on the lawn and probably will....I`ll be all over the place. I dont sit or stop. I move all day and night.
I will probably go see the aquarium during Ozzfest at some point...I love that place.
It`s a good place to chill and get out of the sun for a few minutes or an hour.
Lunch is better and cheaper there too....its costly to go in and out and pay for the entry to both places but its a better experience.not even the Ozzfest bands or staff are outside all day....they have trailers....and buses. And a fukkin barbeque.
You will have to be strong and mercilessly relentless to hold that turf on the front rail....Ozzspeed to you young one!!!

Quote 0 0