Quote 0 0
zfw
jcn0183 wrote:

the bank is better

no fucking way.....
Quote 0 0
Graveyardawaken
I like alpine valley!!!

i live in chi and yet still every year i drug my ass up to alpine for ozzfest.
Quote 0 0
zfw
Graveyardawaken wrote:

I like alpine valley!!!

i live in chi and yet still every year i drug my ass up to alpine for ozzfest.

cuz Alpine is much better.........
Quote 0 0
zfw
Quote 0 0
AlpineValleyGirl
zfw wrote:

jcn0183 wrote:

the bank is better

no fucking way.....

I second that!  even though tinley is 20 miles straight south of my house
I would rather drive a hundred miles north and climb that killer hill
than go to see any show at tinley park ever again.  guess we're gonna have to, though.  and dammit, ozzfest is on a tuesday.  a TUESDAY?!?!  that should cut back on the crowds.

after getting the news last friday I slowly backed away from this site and stayed off all weekend. I did check the Live Nation site just to make sure it wasn't a nightmare.

on the upside, ozzfest is a week before my birthday and the friday just before it is Megadeth/Slayer.  I might as well just take the whole damn week off work.

Helping My Boss Find His Own Ass with Both Hands since 1986!
Quote 0 0
da_wizard
NO SHIT..... it's on a fucking Tuesday.....that really sucks ass......you would think with the shortage of dates this year they could at least put em  on the weekend or at least Friday.....I'm going to have to burn two days Vacation to make the trip.....I better make it 3 ....I'll have to recoop

alcohol is not a toy.......it's a tool....to be used by responsible drunks
Quote 0 0
DirtButton
I've only found one venue I like better than Alpine Valley, and that was Floatrite Park in Sommerset Wi (7 or 8 miles from Minnesota) Anyone else been there? I caught Ozzfest 02 there, and there is no reserved seats, no front pit section. The entire venue was General Admission, and the lack of seats down front made for some crazy, crazy pits.
Quote 0 0
AlpineValleyGirl
we tried to go there once after ozzfest but it got cancelled.  I think ozzy was sick and we were lucky to get him at alpine.  the place sounds awesome.  how is the camping there?  are there any other shows scheduled there this summer?
Helping My Boss Find His Own Ass with Both Hands since 1986!
Quote 0 0
DirtButton
Not sure if they schedule any other events there. I think they used to have another radio-sponsered festival there, but I haven't heard anything about it for a while. The camping was a perfect setup for Floatrite, there camp sites are right next to the venue (gets packed in tight) and there are more campgrounds 6 blocks away. There had to be anywhere from 5,000 to 10,000 people camping out, and that was just as fun as the concert the next day. When we got to the campgrounds, I parked my car and got out and walked to the trunk. I wasn't even past the rear doors or the car  and people were telling us to stop next door for some brews and smoke. Only bad thing about the whole experience was somebody stole our food while we were at the show.
Quote 0 0