FIRSTOZZYFAN Show full post »
MikeGimmelli
The_post_modern_sadist wrote:

Skull And Crossbones wrote:

I wonder how he got accepted into a college in the first place with writing "Mayhem Fest" and stuff on his tests.




and how can you say metalcore, nu metal, and deathcore are not metal?  just because you dont like those sub genres doesn't mean they aren't metal.  2 of 'em even have the word "metal" in the damn name lol.  metalcore is a mix of HEAVY METAL and hardcore, deathcore is a mix of DEATH METAL, and METALCORE.  and whether you like it or not nu metal is in fact metal.  just because they aren't one of the original forms of metal doesn't mean they aren't metal.
nu metal is just a term created by the record companies. it's not actually metal imo, just hard rock with some rap influences. just because the guitars are distorted, it doesn't mean it's metal. and thats fine. I like some hard rock. I also think alot of bands labeled nu metal just got the label because they were around when the crap bands came out. like Godsmack, I have heard them called Nu Metal but they're pretty much a hard rock band imo.  I think metalcore can be considered metal though, even if it can be extremely generic.


i think some nu metal is metal.  bands like slipknot are labeled as nu metal and their first 2 albums defenitely sound like metal to me.  i also like a lot of hard rock bands.  and i understand where your coming from about godsmack.  although in my opinion their first 2 albums were metal.  their second one is my favorite, it' be awesome if they would go back to playing like that.  and when the hell did you come back?  i haven't seen you in a long ass time.
Quote 0 0
MikeGimmelli
PrimusSucks wrote:

Skull And Crossbones wrote:

I wonder how he got accepted into a college in the first place with writing "Mayhem Fest" and stuff on his tests.
Technically he was in a Community College.


oh ok.  i never watch the news lol.
Quote 0 0
The_post_modern_sadist
Skull And Crossbones wrote:

The_post_modern_sadist wrote:

Skull And Crossbones wrote:

I wonder how he got accepted into a college in the first place with writing "Mayhem Fest" and stuff on his tests.




and how can you say metalcore, nu metal, and deathcore are not metal?  just because you dont like those sub genres doesn't mean they aren't metal.  2 of 'em even have the word "metal" in the damn name lol.  metalcore is a mix of HEAVY METAL and hardcore, deathcore is a mix of DEATH METAL, and METALCORE.  and whether you like it or not nu metal is in fact metal.  just because they aren't one of the original forms of metal doesn't mean they aren't metal.
nu metal is just a term created by the record companies. it's not actually metal imo, just hard rock with some rap influences. just because the guitars are distorted, it doesn't mean it's metal. and thats fine. I like some hard rock. I also think alot of bands labeled nu metal just got the label because they were around when the crap bands came out. like Godsmack, I have heard them called Nu Metal but they're pretty much a hard rock band imo.  I think metalcore can be considered metal though, even if it can be extremely generic.


i think some nu metal is metal.  bands like slipknot are labeled as nu metal and their first 2 albums defenitely sound like metal to me.  i also like a lot of hard rock bands.  and i understand where your coming from about godsmack.  although in my opinion their first 2 albums were metal.  their second one is my favorite, it' be awesome if they would go back to playing like that.  and when the hell did you come back?  i haven't seen you in a long ass time.
sup d00d. yeah I came back a few weeks ago.

Quote 0 0
MikeGimmelli
awesome.  more people need to come back, this place has been the deadest ive ever seen it since a joined a couple years ago.
Quote 0 0