Crazy_eyes
Can somebody listen to country and still be metal?  In my opinion, David Allen Coe is EXTREMELY metal.
Quote 0 0
The_post_modern_sadist
Crazy_eyes wrote:

Can somebody listen to country and still be metal?  In my opinion, David Allen Coe is EXTREMELY metal.
hank III or gtfo. hell throw in the original hank too. fuck JR. tho

Quote 0 0
FIRSTOZZYFAN
The_post_modern_sadist wrote:

Crazy_eyes wrote:

hank III or gtfo. hell throw in the original hank too. fuck JR. tho
Fuck Yeah!!! ....has anyone heard what is slopped off as metal anyway these days?
HANKIII is fucking great....one of a kind voice and great lyrical content.
And since this thread brought it up:
JESCO WHITE for OZZFEST 2011!!!! That would be fukkin killer!
He would make a great roaming act for the event.
Hell, if they could have that guy who played with SOAD that year, the roaming minstrel dude,...JESCO WHITE should get his spot too.

All Hailz JESSICO!!

Quote 0 0
MIDDLE_FINGER
Whatever blows your skirt up!
Cant stand the shit...Ehhhh

Quote 0 0
minime
Crazy_eyes wrote:

fukin aye......
Quote 0 0
Tiger479
Johnny Cash, Willey Nelson, FCK Yeah
Quote 0 0
da_wizard
Tiger479 wrote:

Johnny Cash, Willey Nelson, FCK Yeah

I'm with ya.....Cash is a legend .....and don't forget Waylon , Hank and Charlie Daniels

alcohol is not a toy.......it's a tool....to be used by responsible drunks
Quote 0 0
Crozzy1
Hell Yeah, I'm as Metal as anyone you will ever meet.  I love David Alan Coe, Hank III, Cody Jinks, Merle haggard, hank sr, Waylon and Shooter Jennings.  don't let being "Metal" make you think you can't appreciate other great writing.

Sing this in Dave Mustaine's voice

"I might get drunk and rob a bank,
shoot my car if it don't crank.
try and raise and a little cain,
mess tha wall up with some pain."

Real Country and Real Metal to me are one in the same lyrically.  It's about real shit, heartache, depression, recovery, victory, being cheated, being lied to, and not bowing down to anyone.

With all that said, I say YES>
Quote 0 0
Jayman
Crazy_eyes wrote:

Sure why not.  I kinda like country.  I don't have any country cd's but I can get into it.  Hell I listen to a bunch of stuff that people would make fun of. 
Quote 0 0