southboundsuarez

Hey Devore show was pretty cool..... some real pros onstage!
BUT,,,,, Who the heck was that sign language guy on the left side of the stage?????

Somebody should put a video of him on youtube. That guy was the greatest! What a show that guy put on singing everything in ASL  (american sign language)
UFB!!!!!
uNbelievable!!!! Amazing is the fact that he was up there for every single bands performance!!!!!
Air Guitar extroidenaire!!! And he had to remember all the words for every single song???????
DUDe was really the baddest ass performer of all!!!!!
WHo the hell is that guy???? I want him in my band!!!!!!!!
Quote 0 0
southboundsuarez
ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS GUY?????????
PLEASE POST!
Quote 0 0
poweslave
will he be at the other shows?

this question also applies to the Unholy Matramoney and Yuto.
Quote 0 0
OzzIsGod
Hahahaha I always get a kick out of these guys at concerts. This makes me look forward to the Camden show even more! 
Quote 0 0
ministrymember99
.... how do deaf people know that they enjoy this music?
Quote 0 0
southboundsuarez
ministrymember99 wrote:

Deaf People are making a larger and larger presence into the music scene ...... especially live hard and heavy driven music that is played loud.
It makes sense they would enjoy that in which they can feel!
Besides, there's many different levels of hearing impairment.
There's a large demographic of  younger "nonhearing" metal fans, many of whom that may feel like they don't belong to that pop culture part of mainstream society.
Also,,, the Southern California's Inland Empire happens to have a large community of young deaf people due to the fact that Riverside is home to one of the most prestigous national Deaf Colleges.
That fucking deaf interpeter dude fucking rocked his motherfucking ass off! He was not only singing along with the words in American sign language but his form and body movement represent the nuances and rhythm of the song and the air guitar and drum fills express the voicings of the particular instruments. This guy was up there for the whole fuckin show and performed just as hard as any musician if not more so ! The deaf fucking rock!!!!
And if you don"t turn that amp down below 11 you will start to lose your hearing like me!
Quote 0 0
AlpineValleyGirl
gotta keep an eye out for that guy.  I know some basic ASL and it'll be great to see that there.

and seriously, I'm losing my hearing too.  my boss is severely deaf and my dad's hearing was real bad.
but damn I love to feel the wind coming out of the speakers!  and if you hold your hand on them just right you can feel the music through the cabinets.
Helping My Boss Find His Own Ass with Both Hands since 1986!
Quote 0 0
Catzzz
thatza fukkin dumb.... just pass out brail too
Quote 0 0
ministrymember99
southboundsuarez wrote:

ministrymember99 wrote:

Deaf People are making a larger and larger presence into the music scene ...... especially live hard and heavy driven music that is played loud.
It makes sense they would enjoy that in which they can feel!
Besides, there's many different levels of hearing impairment.
There's a large demographic of  younger "nonhearing" metal fans, many of whom that may feel like they don't belong to that pop culture part of mainstream society.
Also,,, the Southern California's Inland Empire happens to have a large community of young deaf people due to the fact that Riverside is home to one of the most prestigous national Deaf Colleges.
That fucking deaf interpeter dude fucking rocked his motherfucking ass off! He was not only singing along with the words in American sign language but his form and body movement represent the nuances and rhythm of the song and the air guitar and drum fills express the voicings of the particular instruments. This guy was up there for the whole fuckin show and performed just as hard as any musician if not more so ! The deaf fucking rock!!!!
And if you don"t turn that amp down below 11 you will start to lose your hearing like me!

???
Quote 0 0
f_darkbladeus
Two guys in front of me were signing to each other. Not that I stared, but it was clear they appreciated the effort. I wouldn't have realized they were deaf or impaired had it not been for seeing them signing to each other after Devil Driver exited. Agree, the signer kept it metal, low-key, funny, and unobtrusive. I thought it was a cool part of the show. You know? Metal heads come in all sizes and shapes. It was all good. I'm sure just like for anyone, it's the whole metal and concert scene for people who can't hear. You know? Maybe some used to hear, and miss going to concerts. Or they just never stopped. My nephew lost his hearing when he was 18. I'm half deaf at 46. Sometimes people can feel and hear sounds, just not the distinguishing ones of speech. Those fully deaf? They see the bands, see the fans, and their souls relate. Who the fuck cares why they hang, it's just as cool for them as anyone else. You can bet your ass if the remainder of my hearing goes I'll still be in my seat rocking out. If that's what the fuck I want to do! I saw many disabled people there, not just the deaf. There were many wheel chairs in the seated sections. 

---
I'll believe it the day Ozzy sings a real love song. ::animatedlaugh
Quote 0 0
Gnomez
Wow I've never given any thought to hearing impaired or deaf people going to a concert?
I guess it shows how ignorant I can be at times
It's cool that they do and can share in the experience....

p.s Darkbladeus....I'm glad you didn't see any wheelchairs crowd surfing or in the mosh pit
Quote 0 0
im4evaozzyfan
I must say I have a 17y/o nephew who is deaf and he has recently taken all my metal cd's and loaded them onto his ipod,  he rocks out like the rest of us although he can't hear the music he can feel it and to him that's all he needs.... so keep on rockin
ROCK FUCKIN ON
Quote 0 0
f_darkbladeus
Gnomez wrote:

p.s Darkbladeus....I'm glad you didn't see any wheelchairs crowd surfing or in the mosh pit

Soon Gnomez...soon.
---
I'll believe it the day Ozzy sings a real love song. ::animatedlaugh
Quote 0 0
0v3Rt3hM0unTa1n
southboundsuarez wrote:

ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS GUY?????????
PLEASE POST!

no
Quote 0 0
AlpineValleyGirl
poweslave wrote:

will he be at the other shows?

this question also applies to the Unholy Matramoney and Yuto.

didn't see him at tinley park or the wedding
but that japanese kid knocked my socks off
Helping My Boss Find His Own Ass with Both Hands since 1986!
Quote 0 0