Crazy_eyes Show full post »
Sanitarium_55
This is a little off topic, but one of the greatest melodic death metal bands (in my opinion) is At The Gates. Opeth I think owns all melodic death metal.
Quote 0 0
Tiger479
Finally got to listen.. Sounds pretty kick-ass 
Quote 0 0
Crazy_eyes
Sanitarium_55 wrote:

This is a little off topic, but one of the greatest melodic death metal bands (in my opinion) is At The Gates. Opeth I think owns all melodic death metal.

I'll agree w/ ATG on that.  As for Opeth, I'm probably gonna get a lot of shit for this, I've never really been able to get into them.  I've tried but it didn't work.  I'm just not that big on doom metal.  Anyways, like I said, I'm gonna be booking them on a Gulf of Mexico tour.  Anyways, they're gonna have a few more songs up before this month is over, and I'm probably gonna put an EP online.
Quote 0 0
Crazy_eyes
They might be comin' to a bar and strip-club near you soon.
Quote 0 0
Sanitarium_55
Crazy_eyes wrote:

Sanitarium_55 wrote:

I'll agree w/ ATG on that.  As for Opeth, I'm probably gonna get a lot of shit for this, I've never really been able to get into them.  I've tried but it didn't work.  I'm just not that big on doom metal.  Anyways, like I said, I'm gonna be booking them on a Gulf of Mexico tour.  Anyways, they're gonna have a few more songs up before this month is over, and I'm probably gonna put an EP online.
Lol it's your opinion man that's fine. I just think Opeth has by far one of the most technical and intricate instrumentals I've ever heard. Glad we see eye to eye on ATG though. BTW i checked out that band. Sounds pretty sick!
Quote 0 0
Crazy_eyes
Sanitarium_55 wrote:

Crazy_eyes wrote:

Sanitarium_55 wrote:

Lol it's your opinion man that's fine. I just think Opeth has by far one of the most technical and intricate instrumentals I've ever heard. Glad we see eye to eye on ATG though. BTW i checked out that band. Sounds pretty sick!

I think Opeth are great musicians, I've just never been able to get into that style of music.  If somebody likes them then great!  As for Descendant, once they get a new guitarist they'll be doing the Gulf of Metal Tour in Dallas, Tx, Austin, Tx, Houston, Tx, New Orleans, La, Gulfport, Ms, Pensacola, Fl, Talahasee, Fl, Orlando, Fl, Miami, Fl, Tampa, Fl, Panama City, Fl, Montgomery, Al, Birmingham, Al, Jackson, Ms, Shreveport, La and another TBA city.
Quote 0 0
SUPERDRUNK151
Crazy_eyes wrote:

Sanitarium_55 wrote:

Crazy_eyes wrote:

Sanitarium_55 wrote:

I think Opeth are great musicians, I've just never been able to get into that style of music.  If somebody likes them then great!  As for Descendant, once they get a new guitarist they'll be doing the Gulf of Metal Tour in Dallas, Tx, Austin, Tx, Houston, Tx, New Orleans, La, Gulfport, Ms, Pensacola, Fl, Talahasee, Fl, Orlando, Fl, Miami, Fl, Tampa, Fl, Panama City, Fl, Montgomery, Al, Birmingham, Al, Jackson, Ms, Shreveport, La and another TBA city.

So let me see if I can wrap my head around this.You like Nickelback but not Opeth?DUDE WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOUR HEAD?
Quote 0 0
Crazy_eyes
SUPERDRUNK151 wrote:

Crazy_eyes wrote:

Sanitarium_55 wrote:

Crazy_eyes wrote:

Sanitarium_55 wrote:

So let me see if I can wrap my head around this.You like Nickelback but not Opeth?DUDE WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOUR HEAD?

Nothing.  If you think that it's retarded to not be like everybody else and only like one genre of music then you are one of the people trying to screw-up everybody's taste in music.  NOW STAY OFF MY GOD DAMN THREADS!!!!
Quote 0 0
Crazy_eyes
They just released their second song about 10 minutes before this post.  It's called "Left in Pieces" and it's just as awesome as "Sonic Lust".  Can anybody say "escendant for Summer Slaughter Tour 2012"?
Quote 0 0
Crazy_eyes
Bump.  I need more reviews.  Some of this stuff is gonna go on their resume for record labels.
Quote 0 0
AlpineValleyGirl
okay, checked out the youtube link - is descendentmetal the same band as descendentband?
if it is, they've gone through some changes since the video in the link from two years ago.  the music is awesome and well written but the band needs more drive and passion.  they look totally bored.
they need to put more attack in their playing, like they're tying to kill the audience with their music.
don't get me wrong - it's one of the better bands I've seen in a long time.  how old are they?  love the hair!

guess I can hijack someone's facebook to check out their newer stuff.  my laptop's security software won't let me open myspace since it detected a virus a while back.
Helping My Boss Find His Own Ass with Both Hands since 1986!
Quote 0 0
Crazy_eyes
They're also on reverbnation.
http://www.reverbnation.com/descendantofficial
Quote 0 0
AlpineValleyGirl
thank you!  they have definitely gotten their shit together over the last two years.
it is obvious they are totally serious about their music and deserve to be signed
the production on those two tracks are clean, powerful and balanced, esp. the vocals
its too bad they are down a guitar player right now.  the band logo is also very good.
Helping My Boss Find His Own Ass with Both Hands since 1986!
Quote 0 0
Crazy_eyes
Want to see the artwork for the album?  Go to http://www.facebook.com/descendantmetal and like them NOW!!!!
Quote 0 0