zfw
Part of a recent interview where he talks about the original 4 Sabbath members re-uniting:

Our conversation moves into obvious territory given the rumours that the original members of Black Sabbath may be having one more kick at the can. Butler adds his two cents.

"I?ve always said I?d like to, even when Heaven & Hell was going, I?d love to one day with the original line-up do places like Japan and Australia and Eastern Europe that weren?t available the first time around. We?ve never played Japan, we haven?t played Australia since the ?70s, never played Russia and Czechoslovakia - well Slovakia - and all those kind of places. So it?d be nice to do that for a final, one-off Sabbath tour. As well as the rest of the world. Surprisingly lots of places have opened up now. And it?s just that before I kick the bucket (both laugh) I?d like to do one final. I mean, it?d be nice to do one final tour with the original line-up in those places like Singapore and places like that. Just so many places now to play. It?d probably take ten years. I mean it?s amazing like a lot of the communist countries, the big thing was heavy metal. Iran and places like that have asked us to play there. We can?t do that, but there?s a big metal underground in these places. Really weird."

I mention my time spent with Ozzy recently at the the Scream launch when the Prince Of Darkness just blurted out: ?I?ll say one thing about great bands. There?s only one band to play Black Sabbath stuff: Tony Iommi, Bill Ward, Geezer Butler, and myself."

I asked Ozzy: ?Is there any future to that remark?? And he responded: ?I never say never.?

"That?s what I?m saying," Butler reacts. "It?d be nice to do these things, but whether it?ll ever happen or not; you know we?re all gettin? on now. Time doesn?t wait for anyone, as the old saying goes, but if it?s gonna happen it?ll have to happen soon."

Quote 0 0
FIRSTOZZYFAN
zfw wrote:

Part of a recent interview where he talks about the original 4 Sabbath members re-uniting:

Our conversation moves into obvious territory given the rumours that the original members of Black Sabbath may be having one more kick at the can. Butler adds his two cents.

"I?ve always said I?d like to, even when Heaven & Hell was going, I?d love to one day with the original line-up do places like Japan and Australia and Eastern Europe that weren?t available the first time around. We?ve never played Japan, we haven?t played Australia since the ?70s, never played Russia and Czechoslovakia - well Slovakia - and all those kind of places. So it?d be nice to do that for a final, one-off Sabbath tour. As well as the rest of the world. Surprisingly lots of places have opened up now. And it?s just that before I kick the bucket (both laugh) I?d like to do one final. I mean, it?d be nice to do one final tour with the original line-up in those places like Singapore and places like that. Just so many places now to play. It?d probably take ten years. I mean it?s amazing like a lot of the communist countries, the big thing was heavy metal. Iran and places like that have asked us to play there. We can?t do that, but there?s a big metal underground in these places. Really weird."

I mention my time spent with Ozzy recently at the the Scream launch when the Prince Of Darkness just blurted out: ?I?ll say one thing about great bands. There?s only one band to play Black Sabbath stuff: Tony Iommi, Bill Ward, Geezer Butler, and myself."

I asked Ozzy: ?Is there any future to that remark?? And he responded: ?I never say never.?

"That?s what I?m saying," Butler reacts. "It?d be nice to do these things, but whether it?ll ever happen or not; you know we?re all gettin? on now. Time doesn?t wait for anyone, as the old saying goes, but if it?s gonna happen it?ll have to happen soon."

NEVER say die........(  OR never say kick the bucket   )

Ozzy from about 3 weeks ago:

When then asked about the possibility of a Black Sabbath reunion, Osbourne did not shoot the idea, but instead said that it?d have to wait at least a year or two while he does his solo album and subsequent touring. But if it were to happen, Osbourne has some pretty lofty intentions.

?We never set down when we were kids and went like, ?This is going to be looked upon when we?re (expletive) 60 as a milestone in music.? That was not our intention,? Osbourne said. ?But it kind of happened. I always wanted to be a Beatle and people said, ?Well Black Sabbath is a heavy metal version of the Beatles.? But I would love to do, absolutely love to do a really great, monumental Black Sabbath album.?

We have never wanted something more to happen than a metal Beatles. Or would that be a Beatles-esque Sabbath. Either way, we hope it comes sooner rather than later. As always, though, stay tuned for more news as it?s announced.

Quote 0 0
Crazy_eyes
If Sabbath does a re-union tour, then I' like for them to come back to the U.S. and do EVERY major city one more time.  I' also like for them to do those cities/countries they've never played.  They need to see the glory that is Black Sabbath rather than a bunch of kids that decided to do a cover-band and can't play for shit.
Quote 0 0
MIDDLE_FINGER
If all stay healthy it WILL HAPPEN!!!

Best metal band ever!

Fucking GODS!!

Quote 0 0
paul_depard
MIDDLE_FINGER wrote:

Best metal band ever!

Fucking GODS!!
sabbath and abba!!dancing queen, only seventeen oh yeah!!

we can dance!!
my kidney itches Mmmmmmmmm Hmmmmmmmmm
Quote 0 0
f_darkbladeus
MIDDLE_FINGER wrote:

Best metal band ever!
Fucking GODS!!

Beyond health, there has to be the desire to create a worthwhile album not just go through the hoops. Turned all the way up, hell yea. They will blow us all away. Nobody is their equivalent.
---
I'll believe it the day Ozzy sings a real love song. ::animatedlaugh
Quote 0 0
OzzIsGod
Regardless of whether or not another album will be recorded, I believe that the original Black Sabbath will tour again, and when then do, I will go to absolutely as many shows as I possibly can.
Quote 0 0
MIDDLE_FINGER
f_darkbladeus wrote:

MIDDLE_FINGER wrote:

Best metal band ever!
Fucking GODS!!

Beyond health, there has to be the desire to create a worthwhile album not just go through the hoops. Turned all the way up, hell yea. They will blow us all away. Nobody is their equivalent.

Hell yeah!
Sabbath till death i say!

Quote 0 0
FIRSTOZZYFAN
MIDDLE_FINGER wrote:

Best metal band ever!

Fucking GODS!!
Theres something about this news that is really bad....and I dont like it.
I`m sorry to hear this news...there is a good reason for that.
What is the problem for diehard fans as far as this thread goes? Can anyone guess what it is? ???

Quote 0 0
FIRSTOZZYFAN
Anyone? (anyone of relevance......) Anyone?

Bueller?...........Bueller?...........

[move]The answer is obvious.................[/move]

Quote 0 0
AlpineValleyGirl
maybe they're afraid of not living up to the standards of one of their fans
Helping My Boss Find His Own Ass with Both Hands since 1986!
Quote 0 0
FIRSTOZZYFAN
AlpineValleyGirl wrote:

maybe they're afraid of not living up to the standards of one of their fans

Yeah...after all they`d have to climb out of "the toilet of the earth" to even play that gig.

Anyway...the answer is: BECAUSE of the word FINAL as in LAST as in....Thats all folks!
At first I was thinkin YEAH!! a Sabbath get together!...but then it hit me. What if it IS the LAST?

Quote 0 0
MIDDLE_FINGER
HELL NO!
Sabbath will show all who started the flow of METAL!

They will come back the dark evil sound we all live.

Oh fuck yes!!

Quote 0 0
ministrymember99
I loved the reunion songs and scary dreams!
If an album is put together I would be up for a tour 110%, if not they really need to revisit some of their better more underrated material.
Just because I wouldnt be all that excited to see the same set-list sabbath played over and over again from 96-05.
Dont get me wrong I would still go and love every second of it but I dont want to hear Iron Man, Paranoid, and War Pigs.
Quote 0 0
Chillem
Black Sabbath is the fathers of heavy metal

They need to tour for the fans like me who weren't around when they were around.. The kids born 70's-90's whom never saw the original Sabbath..

Quote 0 0