Crazy_eyes
In August I will start takin' classes at El Centro College in Dallas to get my license in vocational nursing.  I was gonna go to Dallas Sould Lab and get my diploma in recording arts, but that costs $21,000/year and that doesn't include housing.  So I decided to go for something that is ALWAYS needed and save $ until I can go to DSL.
Quote 0 0
stevenstrong
im goin back in august tOo doodz....HVAC.
Quote 0 0
Crazy_eyes
I do see a lot of ads in the classified section for HVAC.  But I' personally prefer to work in an air-conditioned space.
Quote 0 0
Gnomez
Good on you both!
Ummm what's HVAC and Vocational
nursing?
Quote 0 0
Crazy_eyes
HVAC is air-conditioning and refrigeration.  Usually repairs but they charge around $150 to go out another $150 for every hour that it takes them.  Vocational nursing isn't anywhere near as shitty as CNA (literally, CNA is shitty).  A friend of mine is a CNA (certified nurses aid) and she says it should be CAW (certified ass whiper).  Normally work with changing cathader bags, bed-pans, and cleaning up shit.  LVN deals with starting IV's and adding meds into the IV and hooking-up things like an EEG.
Quote 0 0
stevenstrong
Crazy_eyes wrote:

I do see a lot of ads in the classified section for HVAC.  But I' personally prefer to work in an air-conditioned space.

fuckin rite dood, thats why im moonlighting as a meat-cutter while im in skool!! nuthin better than workin in 52 degreez
Quote 0 0
MattSabbath13
Good luck to all going back to school.  I don't think I could ever go back.  my dislexia and ADD made it hard enough to get through a 4 year degree.
See you in the darkness wanker!
Quote 0 0
Tiger479
In 05 I went back and got my associates in Auto and Diesel Tech, I took some hydraulic and HVAC classes which is good shit to know. We would crank up the fridge unit connected to a container box and close the door. We would stay in there till we couldn't take it anymore....-15 degreez is a cold muthafucka...  
Quote 0 0
ministrymember99
Im in school right now... and then I get a week off, and go back to school in late august... woo hoo
Quote 0 0
Nando
Congrats dude!!! I just finished my first year in college the last month and am home until mid september.
Slave to the power of death
Quote 0 0
Tiger479
With all the pharmacy shit on here now, I might as well go back and be pharmacist.
Quote 0 0
MikeGimmelli
Tiger479 wrote:

With all the pharmacy shit on here now, I might as well go back and be pharmacist.

LOL

i hate school lol.
Quote 0 0
Tiger479
I really just might do it.....
Quote 0 0
Crazy_eyes
Skull And Crossbones wrote:

Tiger479 wrote:

LOL

i hate school lol.

I do too.  But I like $ that doesn't require sweating all day.
Quote 0 0