MikeGimmelli Show full post »
MsCeeAngel
I' have 2 go with... Midnight Meat Train. It was an awesome horror movie that really hasn't gotten enough recognition that it deserved!
~MsCeeAngel~ XD
Quote 0 0
555_elCheapo_Pizza
House Of 1000 Corpses, Altered, Dark Floors And Book Of Blood!  :-\

Quote 0 0
Grandmaster_Disaster
ministrymember99 wrote:

Skull And Crossbones wrote:

ministrymember99 wrote:

wow.
I think you guys need to re-examine the definition of UNDERRATED.
In this entire thread I've seen about 3 or 4 movies that are actually underrated.

well in the topic title i said "In YOUR Opinion".  and any movie that is never talked about or never hit the "mainstream" or IN YOUR OPINION it never got the recognition it deserves, would be classified as underrated (to that person), even if the movie is fairly popular, but YOU think it deserves higher praise.

Well if you put it like that nearly every movie ever made would be underrated.
Movies like the ring, and zombies halloween remake were in the mainstream and made millions of dollars. Movies like that dont strike me as underrated. Movies like Blood Night, Horror Express, A Bucket Of Blood, Dark Floors, Prince Of Darkness, Mother Of Tears, and House By The Cemetery are underrated in my book and should get the recognition they so greatly deserve.

blood knight was mainstream, I thought rob zombie's film flopped I'm probably real wrong

Because in America your misfortune is HILARIOUS!!!! XD
Quote 0 0
AlpineValleyGirl
Reanimater

Devil Dogs

Dementia 13

A Bucket of Blood (original or remake)

Creepshow

anything Tom Savini did the make-up / effects for

or anything really old, b&w classics
Helping My Boss Find His Own Ass with Both Hands since 1986!
Quote 0 0
ministrymember99
Grandmaster_Disaster wrote:

ministrymember99 wrote:

ministrymember99 wrote:

wow.
In this entire thread I've seen about 3 or 4 movies that are actually underrated.

well in the topic title i said "In YOUR Opinion".  and any movie that is never talked about or never hit the "mainstream" or IN YOUR OPINION it never got the recognition it deserves, would be classified as underrated (to that person), even if the movie is fairly popular, but YOU think it deserves higher praise.

Movies like the ring, and zombies halloween remake were in the mainstream and made millions of dollars. Movies like that dont strike me as underrated. Movies like Blood Night, Horror Express, A Bucket Of Blood, Dark Floors, Prince Of Darkness, Mother Of Tears, and House By The Cemetery are underrated in my book and should get the recognition they so greatly deserve.

blood knight was mainstream, I thought rob zombie's film flopped I'm probably real wrong

Blood Night was not mainstream, it was independently funded and didn't have a theatrical release! Im not sure you know what your talking about... Zombies movies made millions they had great marketing from several ends of the media.
Quote 0 0
ministrymember99
AlpineValleyGirl wrote:

Reanimater

Devil Dogs

Dementia 13

A Bucket of Blood (original or remake)

Creepshow

anything Tom Savini did the make-up / effects for

or anything really old, b&w classics

Finally a good list!
Quote 0 0
Grandmaster_Disaster
ministrymember99 wrote:

ministrymember99 wrote:

ministrymember99 wrote:

wow.

Blood Night was not mainstream, it was independently funded and didn't have a theatrical release! Im not sure you know what your talking about... Zombies movies made millions they had great marketing from several ends of the media.

blood night, tales from the crypt right?

Quote 0 0
Tiger479
"Terror Train" I havent seen it in years, I think Jamie Lee Curtis was in it. It scared the hell outta me as a kid.
Quote 0 0
Grandmaster_Disaster
oh I'm sure rob zombie's film did well, I just didn't think it made a killing, again, I'm probably wrong, lots of douchey wannabe's probably went and saw it

Quote 0 0
ministrymember99

oh I'm sure rob zombie's film did well, I just didn't think it made a killing, again, I'm probably wrong, lots of douchey wannabe's probably went and saw it

House of 1000 corpses total domestic gross was: +12,000,000
Total worldwide was: +16,000,000
The devils Rejects total domestic gross was: +17,000,000
Total worldwide was almost: 20,000,000
and now here is the kicker...
Halloween: +58,000,000 (domestic)
and worldwide: +80,000,000
And then H2 didnt too as good just because halloween was a disappointment.
H2: +33,000,000
worldwide: +39,000,000

all together zombies theatrical releases have grossed well over 155,000,000.
Thats great for movies these days especially since his first was independently financed and the 2nd was worked through indy companies...
Quote 0 0
MikeGimmelli
555_elCheapo_Pizza wrote:

House Of 1000 Corpses, Altered, Dark Floors And Book Of Blood!  :-\

i havent seen altered yet, but i want to.
Quote 0 0
MikeGimmelli
MsCeeAngel wrote:

I' have 2 go with... Midnight Meat Train. It was an awesome horror movie that really hasn't gotten enough recognition that it deserved!

i've seen 2 of clive barkers movies, midnight meat train and book of the dead or something like that.  i hated both lol.
Quote 0 0
AlpineValleyGirl
okay, it was a made-for-tv-special, but Trilogy of Terror (starring Karen Black) scared the crap right out of me when I was a little kid.  it was three short stories and the third one had a little voodoo doll chasing her around the apartment.
Helping My Boss Find His Own Ass with Both Hands since 1986!
Quote 0 0
shatteredme3
The nightly news......
Quote 0 0
f_darkbladeus
There's a new movie called Shutter Island that was awesome. I hated Mosquito Coast, couldn't stand Harrison Ford after seeing it b'cuz his role was that convincing to me. Neither are traditional "horror" movies, but they are in the genre I' guess.

The Scary Movie series are underrated to me. I think they're hilarious, much better at times than the original movies they spoof.

The Shining still gives me the creepers. And...I just bought "The Cry," it was pretty freaky.
---
I'll believe it the day Ozzy sings a real love song. ::animatedlaugh
Quote 0 0