elsuperbeasto
Everyone that will not go to Ozzfest this year because of the line up has their head up their ass.

Ozzfest is special for one reason, Ozzy himself.

As a community of metalheads, going to Ozzfest should be like a Catholic going to church and paying tribute to their creator.

If it wasn't for Ozzy, none of us would be the way we are today.

So when Ozzfest hits Pittsbugh this August, I will go and pay tribute and praise to the man who started it all, the Prince of Fucking Darkness himself, Ozzy Fucking Osbourne.
Quote 0 0
DreadLord344
I' be happy to pay tribute to the creator...but Dio isn't touring around me this summer.
I hate, therefore, I am.
Quote 0 0
elsuperbeasto
DreadLord344 wrote:

I' be happy to pay tribute to the creator...but Dio isn't touring around me this summer.

no cancer wards in your neighborhood
Quote 0 0
eXile72
No one even goes to see him anymore. They go to see the other bands.
Quote 0 0
ozzy1116
For me, I was planning on going to Ozzfest just to see Ozzy before the bands were announced. I've never seen him live before, and I've always been a huge fan of his. Every other band is a bonus for me pretty much. I'm lucky I live in the Northeast, since I definitely can go to an Ozzfest this year.
Quote 0 0
Crazy_eyes
I'm thinking about saving money just to see Ozzfest this when I found out the closest venue.  I'm making enough to pay admission, hotel, food, booze, cigarettes, and gas where I'm working now.
Quote 0 0
elsuperbeasto
NFD wrote:

elsuperbeasto wrote:

If it wasn't for Ozzy, none of us would be the way we are today.

A bit exagerated dont you think?

No Sabbath = No Metal, at least the way we know it.

...and yes, a bit exagerated, I am a writer, can't help it.
Quote 0 0
da_wizard

No Sabbath = No Metal, at least the way we know it.

like it or not....that is a true statement.....we owe quite a bit to Ozzy, Tony, Bill, and Geezer
sure we may have got there some other way , but I don't think it would have been the same

alcohol is not a toy.......it's a tool....to be used by responsible drunks
Quote 0 0
da_wizard
Tony = metal god

alcohol is not a toy.......it's a tool....to be used by responsible drunks
Quote 0 0