harbabd
There is no question that the Ozzfest has been surpassed by other touring outfits over the last 5 years and can no longer compete in the marketplace.

Please don't kid yourself if you think that this is about Ozzy wanting to play Europe...it has more to do with Ozzfest not being able to succeed in the current marketplace this summer.

Not because Ozzy can't put on a great show any longer and not because Mayhem already has tickets on sale.  Ozzfest has done such a poor job promoting itself, it has become a dinosaur and will be extinct soon enough and as someone who loved going to these shows 10 years ago...i am sad.

Last year's lineup struggled to sell tickets, the Scream tour skipped many major markets because of assumed poor ticket sales and it is hard to get a lineup together so late in the game.

I don't believe for a second there will be an Ozzfest next year no matter what Wiz says, tours don't last forever.  There were many great moments that we all lived at an Ozzfest, I will remember those but don't jerk fans around with this "Wait til next year" BS only to let them down.  It makes sense not to have an Ozzfest this year, it makes no sense to try and claim it is still a viable summer force any longer.
Quote 0 0
metal_god666
Last year's ozzfest didn't sale because the line up sucked for the most part. Last year's ozzfest can fight 2002 and 2006 for shittiest ozzfest line up (certainly was the weirdest line up though). Mayhem has definately stolen a lot of ozzfest's thunder and i am routing for mayhem a lot more then ozzfest because of all of the bullshit they have been pulling lately. I will however give them that 2008 had a damn good line up. Too bad it was just one fucking day. I am sure had 2008 been a normal traveling tour like ozzfest had before that point, it would have sold very well and probably of even of beaten mayhem
Quote 0 0
harbabd
mr_socko wrote:

and you are an expert on this how? who the fuck are you to say why they decided to have ozzfest this year? oh yeah that's right, you're some kid online.

There is no point in trying to convince anyone on an anonymous message board who or what I am aware of, but if you disagree with anything I wrote please feel free to do so.  I didn't take any shot at Ozzy or the tour, I love Ozzfest but that doesn't mean it is capable of competing in today's marketplace.

The simplest answer is usually the correct one, unless you are too stupid to understand it.
Quote 0 0