Crazy_eyes
1.  You don't get the date you wanted.
2.  Venues will change the date without care at the very last minute.
3.  Venues rob you.
4.  Venues rob you even more because after you're finished booking it they raise the rent.  Fucking bastard venues.
Quote 0 0
Catzzz
maybez y00z didnt sukk theyz dikkz the right wayz

Quote 0 0
FIRSTOZZYFAN
Crazy_eyes wrote:

3.  Venues rob you.
4.  Venues rob you even more because after you're finished booking it they raise the rent.  Fucking bastard venues.

Looks like you had a shitty contract,...or none at all,..did you read the fine print?

You need a good contract lawyer to write one up for your next gig....
Heres his number:
SATAN,,, area code 666-666-6666.....he writes the kind of fine print nobody can beat.

Quote 0 0
Gnomez
Catzzz wrote:

maybez y00z didnt sukk theyz dikkz the right wayz

Catzzz iz offering yooz the free dick sucking lessons Crazy
Get them before they all go!!!
Quote 0 0
Crazy_eyes
FIRSTOZZYFAN wrote:

Crazy_eyes wrote:

3.  Venues rob you.

Looks like you had a shitty contract,...or none at all,..did you read the fine print?

Heres his number:
SATAN,,, area code 666-666-6666.....he writes the kind of fine print nobody can beat.

I'm doing OUTSIDE promotions.  Outside promotions means that I don't work with that venue so I don't get squat besides how many people pay admission after the rent is met.  Now, after I booked the show.  They went from taking 50% of ticket sales, to a $350 deposit.
Quote 0 0
FIRSTOZZYFAN
Crazy_eyes wrote:

FIRSTOZZYFAN wrote:

Crazy_eyes wrote:

3.  Venues rob you.

Heres his number:

I'm doing OUTSIDE promotions.  Outside promotions means that I don't work with that venue so I don't get squat besides how many people pay admission after the rent is met.  Now, after I booked the show.  They went from taking 50% of ticket sales, to a $350 deposit.
I hope it works out for you,.. I know how long you have been at this,...but if you "arent working with the venue" why should you have to give them anything?,..
And if you did have a contract they would`nt be pulling this 350 dollar crap.
(which is probably because they saw a lack of sales so to make money they went from percentage to raw cash)
Dont keep SATAN waitin.........

Quote 0 0
AlpineValleyGirl
don't ever be afraid to walk away from a gig because you are getting the short end of the deal!

if your band is popular and has a good draw, the venue will be the one getting screwed if you decide to pull out at the last minute, and take the crowd with you.  it will show other bands that they don't have to get screwed over either.  it also makes the venue take a second look at their booking agent and wonder why no one will work with them.

don't ever let them make you believe, "you'll never work in this town again!"
show 'em some balls and they'll show you respect.
Helping My Boss Find His Own Ass with Both Hands since 1986!
Quote 0 0