ministrymember99
I would like to present her with others.... like...
Joe Lynn Turner
Billy Squier
Al Jourgensen
Robert Plant
Tony Martin
Ian Gillan
Glenn Hughes
Angela Gossow
Devin Townshend
and
Dave Mustaine

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Boxing-Dei-Dei/184025258313948?sk=app_2405167945
Quote 0 0
ministrymember99
I checked her out she legit.

Do you not remember when OZZY himself said that he was about to play a show somewhere and this older lady came up to him and they talked and ozzy told her he was doing a show and she said... OH you do music too?!?!?

Why do you always have to be so fucking critical and skeptical about anything that knocks ozzy.

He is an aging vocalist that doesnt sing properly and can be detrimental in the long run... anytime somebody points that out you freak the fuck out, interesting.... hmmm maybe your hiding something, what have you been reading miss maam?
Quote 0 0
Deputy_Potatoes
Who ever wrote that article is completely legit, I am taking vocal lessons and all that stuff she said is stuff I have been told, she really does give a different insight into these guys then most people would which is very nice to see, I believe she legitimately had never heard of Ozzy Osbourne though, which seems weird but definitely possible.
Quote 0 0
ministrymember99
Just accept that there are millions of people out there who dont care about popular music, and some people dont like rock music so they may have heard of Ozzy but dont care to know what he sings, or even who he is.
My grandmaw age: 78
Knew that ozzy was a person... and she thought his claim to fame was worshipping the devil... never knew he was a singer or that he even had a show... because some people DONT CARE.
So there ya go.
Accept it.
Quote 0 0
ministrymember99
OH SORRY...
I forgot yours isnt up your own...
its up OZZY's & $haron's
DUH
Sorry for the mixup
Quote 0 0
f_darkbladeus
Despite the ridiculous and far-fetched attempt at lending innocence to little more than another attack on Ozzy as a performer and vocalist by "innocent" posters on this site (regurgitating an idiotic article as if that makes things credible), this discussion points to the obvious question. Grab your Diet Coke and Raisonets guys, this is interesting.

Is a voice that has been classically trained better than one that is not? What makes a superior rock singer and star?

Does it matter if they are trained?

Is there something MORE ... something undefined, magic ... that has to be present for fans to connect?

What makes a voice captivate? Timbre? Enunciation? It's ability to convey emotion?

Can a voice be separated from the entire body it's connected to or is perception of the voice a function of total body perception?

Hmmm. Good questions. All.

And Gates, will you PLEASE scale that graphic? It's sooooooooooooo annoying. Where your image is embedded, use something like this [img height=200 and close the bracket. I can't show you that or it will disappear and expect an image here in this text.
---
I'll believe it the day Ozzy sings a real love song. ::animatedlaugh
Quote 0 0
ministrymember99
Your right... just because someone is classically trained doesnt make them any better or sound any greater... But what it does mean is that they run less of a risk at damaging their voices and can perform at a higher standard for a greater amount of time.
I dont want anything I say get confused here... I am a HUGE ozz fan I have his poster over my bed, and own all of his work on cd and some on vinyl, I have had the pleasure to see him live 3 times and will continue any chance I get...

I just look at the facts... Ozzy IS getting older and the way he has been singing the past 40+ years has been detrimental to his voice, lets face it hes not at the top of his game anymore and I accept that... does that make him any less of a fantastic musician.. not at all...
We must all face our own mortality including the mortality of our idols... His voice is weak and was in terrible shape during down to earth... he has since whipped his vocals back into shape but like I said before hes in a fragile position... IF he was classically trained... maybe just maybe his vocals would be in better shape.

I forget where I was going as I normally do when I explain things... damn... well you get the point Im trying to make
Quote 0 0
f_darkbladeus
ministrymember99 wrote:

hes not at the top of his game anymore and I accept that... does that make him any less of a fantastic musician.. not at all...His voice is weak and was in terrible shape during down to earth... he has since whipped his vocals back into shape but like I said before hes in a fragile position... IF he was classically trained... maybe just maybe his vocals would be in better shape.

His whole being was in the grips of severe addiction. He was in a daze. I'm sure it didn't occur to him what he was coming across like. What we saw was a reflection of that, not fucking age and deterioration of his vocal chords. What I saw this last Saturday was a man who is back, strong, and excited. He floored everyone.

See him in concert this year. Then tell me what you think of this conversation then MMM.
---
Quote 0 0
ministrymember99
Quote 0 0
f_darkbladeus
I guess you "know." Your loss MMM.

---
Quote 0 0
ministrymember99
Im just tired of arguing with somebody that for some reason cant admit that people get weaker with age...
Quote 0 0
ministrymember99
and besides I cant see ozzy in concert this year...
He refuses to come anywhere near me
The last 2 times Ive seen him it was a 6 hour drive... yeah
Quote 0 0
Deputy_Potatoes
You know, people do get weaker from 28 onwards, but 60 is the new 50, Ozzy can still be active at his age, my grandparents are 10 years older and go running every morning, and do it well, to say that all 60 year olds could do what he does is wrong, but Ozzy can and as long as he can perform then more power to him.
Quote 0 0
f_darkbladeus
I did not say that Ozzys voice has not changed over the years. How did you get that. Above I said that Ozzy's performances for the past 10-15 years have definitely been reflecting the severe end of his addictions. He could barely stand at times never mind sing melodies. Fortunately, he recouped. His show is wonderful.

As far as proximity? Not ideal, but I drove about 1200 miles RT to see him in CA. I love Ozzfest and decided to do it. Split the cost with another Ozzfan I' never met from this site.

The trip was really well worth it, he's sounding great, very high energy and it was very clear he was having alot of fun with the fans. The new lineup is tight. They put on one hell of a performance.
---
Quote 0 0
ministrymember99
I was thinking about going to the Louisiana festival with MGMT and Muse later this year, but thats still about a 4 hour drive... The last time he played within 2 1/2 hours of me was Ozzfest 05'
Everytime Ive seen the Ozzman hes put on a fantastic show, from the interviews Ive heard and read he plan on doing ONE more sabbath album and ONE more solo album. He has also said that his next solo album will be scaled back on production value and he plans on making a raw recorded album reminiscent of BATM, BOZ, & TUS.
I cant wait, the point I was making has once again eluded me... I was going to attempt and defend my point once more... but I dont remember where I was going... You just know after you read this that I originally had the intent of saying something that would have upset you and would have continued our pointless circle of argumentation... yeah
Quote 0 0