MattSabbath13

 Who wants to hear SCREAM live - right now??? GET OVER TO MYSPACE - It's streaming Live right now!!! vote

 Me 1 vote
100%
 My Teacher 0 votes
0%
 My 3rd Cousin 0 votes
0%
Please sign up or log in to vote.
I've been listening to it every chance I get.  First half is awesome, the second half has some weaker less interesting songs but Let it Die, Soul Sucka and Diggin Me Down are new Ozzy classics!  Love them!
See you in the darkness wanker!
Quote 0 0
f_darkbladeus
MattSabbath13 wrote:

I've been listening to it every chance I get.  First half is awesome, the second half has some weaker less interesting songs but Let it Die, Soul Sucka and Diggin Me Down are new Ozzy classics!  Love them!



Fearless is good too. And you know, at first I didn't really like the song Time. But after you listen to it awhile, it really grows on you.
---
I'll believe it the day Ozzy sings a real love song. ::animatedlaugh
Quote 0 0
MattSabbath13
f_darkbladeus wrote:

MattSabbath13 wrote:

I've been listening to it every chance I get.  First half is awesome, the second half has some weaker less interesting songs but Let it Die, Soul Sucka and Diggin Me Down are new Ozzy classics!  Love them!



Fearless is good too. And you know, at first I didn't really like the song Time. But after you listen to it awhile, it really grows on you.


Yeah Fearless is starting to win me over.  I didn't want to really sound like I was knocking the second half of the cd but they just aren't as strong as the first 5 songs.  I like all the songs though.

Speaking of songs that grew on ya, how about Trap Door from Black Rain.  I absolutely hated that song but after a while I listened to it a few more times and wouldn't ya know, it grew on me.
See you in the darkness wanker!
Quote 0 0
paozzygrrll56
i heard most of it on the radio last nite. icant wait ta buy it tuesday.
Quote 0 0
f_darkbladeus
MattSabbath13 wrote:
Speaking of songs that grew on ya, how about Trap Door from Black Rain.  I absolutely hated that song but after a while I listened to it a few more times and wouldn't ya know, it grew on me.


LOL. That was a song that I hit it off with right away, I guess because of how I could relate to it having about 2 yrs ago ended a relationship with a guy who was an alcoholic. Nasty disease, pretty sad. The words just are spot on about the cycle. The whole Black Rain album is pretty layered. Tough to get into in part as much as other Ozz albums, but definitely surreal and beautiful music. Some don't click with it even after giving it open mind. I did.

Man, some people are kicking his I Love You All. Damn. I don't care how often the man says it back to his fans...I love to hear it each and every time. Besides, it's probably a ditty he had floating around in his head and put it down on vinyl, his way of paying us the homage we pay him.

The songs I am not into are the messages in Digging Me Down and Crucify. I can understand and have seen on film Ozzy's revulsion with Christian things, and really don't get where that comes from. Other than maybe he was abused by people in Christian roles and hasn't healed from or forgiven that deep down in his soul. I've seen pretty evil stuff along my path, but I don't associate the fact that evil is found clinging to what is pure with throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Evil wouldn't be evil if it didn't deeply offend. It would root itself around a message of beauty, to pack the biggest punch if you think about it. The truth is many people don't 'get it,' doesn't mean the message of Christ was stupid or worth mocking. I've seen as many Jewish perps as Christian ones as agnostic ones. Knocking the man when it's not at all what he was about just makes no sense to me.

Kind of makes me feel like listening to adolescent rebellion when I hear those songs. Just my personal take lol. Maybe an area many don't grow in - because they can't get beyond and through. IDK!!!
---
I'll believe it the day Ozzy sings a real love song. ::animatedlaugh
Quote 0 0
Music4life3304
holy shit.. this album blew me away. Not a song to skip.. gets me even more pumped for ozzfest. I'm so psyched!
::animatedsmile
Quote 0 0
devilmusik
I just bought the new album, it was ok, not  as good as black rain or any of the older albums
Quote 0 0
ozzgod38
scream is just as good as all the other ozzy cds
Quote 0 0
f_darkbladeus
ozzgod38 wrote:

scream is just as good as all the other ozzy cds


Ozzy's music always grows on me. it's all good. Scream is bad@ss. I want to see what comes out in the studio without Zakk and his take on the music absorbed and made part of what Gus does. You know, completely unfettered ~ yea baby. that's when we'll really hear this bands' stuff.

Scream rocks...this band has AMAZING potential, they have a killer sound together. BIG time. And Ozzy seems to be REALLY comfortable with the music. I hope on his solo tour he plays 80% of the show from this album and just two or three from the past. I think it's THAT good.

Rock N Roll!

---
I'll believe it the day Ozzy sings a real love song. ::animatedlaugh
Quote 0 0