sixxchick
Thats Awesome! Is that actually Randy's flying V?
Quote 0 0
f_darkbladeus
No disrespect intended to Ozzy or Yuto, but if that was Randy's flying V it's not right. I was a bit put off by that. I can see having someone come and put it up on the stage in a high stand of honor that everyone can see, under a spotlight, and Ozzy mentioning it is Randy's, and having Yuto play something else. That just doesn't seem right to me. He's not all that, it is cute more than anything.
---
I'll believe it the day Ozzy sings a real love song. ::animatedlaugh
Quote 0 0
poweslave
Um, where do i begin. NO ITS NOT RANDYS ACTUAL GUITAR YOU DUMBFUCKS!!!!

There are two companys that i know of that make replica's. That is what the guitar is. A REPLICA. Not the actual guitar. Yes I can prove it.
Quote 0 0
Road_Warrior
[font=Verdana][font=Verdana][font=Verdana]PLEASE RESPECT THIS POSTING, do not use offensive language.[/font][/font][/font]
Quote 0 0
f_darkbladeus
Randy was in a class of his own. When he died I remember the sudden silence in the airwaves, where once his gracefully melodic, yet ripping sounds were. There was Eddie Van Halen, who is great but in a whole different way. The sound that was Randy was unique. I miss him terribly. I've not really heard anyone play like he did since his passing. It was the classical woven in with rock. It takes a giant. Some might believe it can't be done, he did it and did it without flaw.

I respect Ozzy, of course. And how he chooses to honor his good friend Randy. If this is what his heart says? Enough said. 
---
I'll believe it the day Ozzy sings a real love song. ::animatedlaugh
Quote 0 0
Tiger479
Look at the guitar Randys holding and then look at the kid.... Pay attention to detail, the pic ups and other features are different. Its not the same one.
Quote 0 0
Road_Warrior
Tiger479 wrote:

Look at the guitar Randys holding and then look at the kid.... Pay attention to detail, the pic ups and other features are different. Its not the same one.

Good point, but I believe at this point of this conversation is that this is "Symbolism" and the message is clear:
"AN INSPIRATION FOR ALL YOUNG PEOPLE"

We all must stand together now
A one by one we fall
For all these years you stood by me
God bless I love you all
Quote 0 0
Road_Warrior
Thanks for the update, the videos are great, thanks for your contribution to the "Randy Rhoads" "AN INSPIRATION FOR ALL YOUNG PEOPLE" .
Quote 0 0
Road_Warrior
We all must stand together now
A one by one we fall
For all these years you stood by me
God bless I love you all
Quote 0 0
zfw
Tiger479 wrote:

Yeah I highly doubt that he's playing Randy's guitar. Randy's Polka-Dot V was made By Karl Sandoval in 1979. Sandoval was a guitarist in the band Smokehouse that played the LA circuit the same time as Randy's Quiet Riot, George Lynch's Xciter and Eddie VH's Van Halen. Sandoval's day job was building guitars for Wayne Charvel at Charvel Guitars. He built guitars using old Danelectro necks for Van Halen & Lynch, and Randy played Lynch's guitar backstage at a gig once. While still in Quiet Riot, he then contracted Sandoval to make him a custom V to his own specs. Thus was born the Sandoval Polka Dot V. Randy paid $738 for it. Sandoval had recently quit working for Charvel because Wayne Charvel sold his company to Grover Jackson. Sandoval made only 6 of the Polka-Dot Vs. He has recently started making them again at Sandoval. The funny thing is, Randy took the guitar on tour for Ozzy's Blizzard UK tour and he had problems keeping it in tune. So after recording the Diary of A Madman Album, he flew back to LA and went to Charvel and had new owner Grover Jackson build him a new different V to his specs. Charvels were basically copied after Fenders, and Jackson didn't want to confuse his guitar buyers so he asked Randy if it would be ok the name the guitar a "Jackson". Randy agreed and became the owner of the first Jackson guitar (the white V you see him with in so many pics). And Jackson used to work for Bernie Rico (owner of B.C. Rich Guitars) before buying Charvel. He stole the beveled egde idea that Bernie was using on his guitars  and used it on Randy's V. I believe Randy's mom Delores Rhoads still owns Randy's 3 main guitars (the 2 Vs and a '72 Gibson Les Paul from his Quiet Riot days that Randy used to record most of the 2 Ozzy albums with). Randy was a great talent and I am proud to say I had the pleasure of seeing him live with Ozzy 3 times. Twice on the Blizzard Of Ozz Tours and once on the Diary Of A Madman Tour. R.I.P.
Quote 0 0