Gnomez
I heard on the radio the other day that an album which the killer Mark Chapman had had autographed by John Lennon about 3 hours before he shot him, was being sold (at auction or on eBay?).
Apparently it comes with his dusted finger prints (used as evidence) still on it....
Is that a true collectors item, or is it just macabre and should be destroyed?
Quote 0 0
minime
its so sad  how all  great and wonderful people are takeing from us so early.............

when I seen sir Paul this past summer he did such a stunning Tribute to him it damn near made you cry ......

then he palyed ''a Day in the Life/ give peace a chance '''

RIP John ........
Quote 0 0
Deputy_Potatoes
I wish I could have lived to see this inspiration of a man live, I am sad that I won't.  Modern music wouldn't be the same without him.
Quote 0 0
Gnomez
I've been to NY and seen the Dakota Building/Apartments where Lennon was shot....and been across to Central Park and seen the memorial on the ground called "Imagine"
It's very moving
Quote 0 0
555_elCheapo_Pizza
Hmmmmm....Strange How I've Been Saying How Kickass He Was For Years & Now It Takes A Gawdamn Rock Band Game & The Anniversary of His DEATH Just To Git Others To Even Remotely Give A Crap, Plu-ease...F-ing POSERS!

Quote 0 0
AlpineValleyGirl
Gnomez wrote:

I heard on the radio the other day that an album which the killer Mark Chapman had had autographed by John Lennon about 3 hours before he shot him, was being sold (at auction or on eBay?).
Apparently it comes with his dusted finger prints (used as evidence) still on it....
Is that a true collectors item, or is it just macabre and should be destroyed?

actually, the photo I posted is a picture of John taken while he was signing that album.
I've heard that Ebay has a problem with people selling 'murderabilia' - collectors items linked to
serial killers and controversial items like that.  they wouldn't even let Dr. Kevorkian sell his van.

and I think the 30th. anniversary of his death is a completely appropriate time to remember his life.
Helping My Boss Find His Own Ass with Both Hands since 1986!
Quote 0 0
ZaktarZodiac
AlpineValleyGirl wrote:

I think the 30th. anniversary of his death is a completely appropriate time to remember his life.

That's YOUR Opinion...But He SHOULD ALWAYS Be Remembered Reguardless Of WHEN He Passed. And NOT Just Cause He Passed, Like Some Think Torwards Jesus. Every Life SHOULD ALWAYS Be Celebrated, While Death Merely Remembered Or Not Forgot. Therefore His Music Should ALWAYS Be Appreciated ON ANY DAY, Not Just Certain Days Of The Year!    

Quote 0 0