minime
ahhhh..........

Anthrax is the only band I havent seen.....would like to see them..
Megadeath I could do without...

the rest .........ahhhh.....
Quote 0 0
Jayman
It makes a lot of sense that it's only one show.  They just had 3 of the big 4 on the carnage tour.  This would be just for people that cream their pants over metallica. 
Quote 0 0
woa
I'm there. Well assuming I can get vip/GA tickets. ...and this is coming from someone that lives in NY. The way I see it, this is probably THE biggest concerts these guys will ever do. I've seen Metallica every time their tour came close. And I have seen Megadeth/SLayer too many times to count. But really I can't miss this show on the off chance that Dave gets on stage with lars/james and plays a few songs like "The Four Horsemen" or "Whiplash". How epic would that be? Easily worth a couple hundred for the ticket and a plane ticket from NY->SD. 
Quote 0 0
Jayman
That proves my point.  This show is for the diehard Metallica fans.  Everybody already saw the other 3 bands last year
Quote 0 0
woa
I wouldnt say I was a die hard Metallica fan.... Just a fan that realizes the importance of this show. Wish I could have gone to the first European one, but plane tickets were too much to make it possible. I wouldnt even list Metallica in my top 10 of favorite bands.... For sure they would rank in the top 50.... but anyways, the importance of this concert is just too great to pass up. It would be like Led Zeppelin, Floyd, and Hendrix getting together for one show.

It'll cost me around 400-500 to see this concert... and it is completely worth it.
Quote 0 0
Jayman
I gotcha.  The reason I said it's for diehard metallica fans is because the American Carnage tour was just here with 3 out of the 4 bands.  So if you missed the Carnage tour, chances are metallica is the big pull.  I've already seen Metallica in the 80's and the other bands I"ve seen many times So this show doesn't have much meaning for me.  If this was 1986, it would've been my dream. Aside from Megadeth who I was never a fan of. 
Quote 0 0
woa
I completely agree with you about Megadeth... I've always loved them on album, but never been much of a fan live.

And I also completely agree with you about Metallica's performances as well... Things really went downhill after james stopped drinking and tried to start singing.

regardless.... it is just that all 4 of these bands who were the biggest thing in Metal during the 80's being on stage together for one night. I saw Metallica during the Death Magnetic tour and it was pretty bad. Still.... just the idea of getting these 4 bands together is what is pulling me in. If Slayer wasn't there, I wouldnt be there. If Anthrax wasnt there, I wouldnt be there. yadda yadda.... Basically it is just that it is all 4 that makes this something I dont want to miss.... And seeing Dave get up there and perform with James/Lars?? I mean come one... HOW epic is that?

It would be like if Roger Waters and Dave Gilmore had decided to get together for one last tour as Pink Floyd (before Richard Wright died). If that had happened, this would have been another show I wouldnt want to miss.

Quote 0 0
woa
I just hope my bud scores us tickets on friday. If he doesnt get it friday at 10, then I am not paying 2000 dollars for the ticket on stubhub at noon. Want to see the show, but not that bad  :-\
Quote 0 0
Ugly_Kid_Joe
woa wrote:

I just hope my bud scores us tickets on friday. If he doesnt get it friday at 10, then I am not paying 2000 dollars for the ticket on stubhub at noon. Want to see the show, but not that bad  :-\
dam dude, you' fly all the way out here just for this? youre crazy. I doubt i' go just because of the four hour drive. Ive seen metallica/slayer and megadeth. however, this seems to be the only concert i'm even comsidering as of yet.
Quote 0 0
Gnomez
Talk about dedication....
Good luck with the tix man!!!
Quote 0 0
LOKISrevenge
Megadeth on Mayhemfest tour.............OPENING  ......for disturbed and godsmack ain't that enough to piss off the pope
Quote 0 0
Ugly_Kid_Joe
LOKISrevenge wrote:

Megadeth on Mayhemfest tour.............OPENING  ......for disturbed and godsmack ain't that enough to piss off the pope
Fuck Mayhem. Complete Scene Kid Mallcore Faggotry
Quote 0 0
LOKISrevenge
Ugly_Kid_Joe wrote:

LOKISrevenge wrote:

Fuck Mayhem. Complete Scene Kid Mallcore Faggotry
lololololololololol  I've been to every mayhemfest !!!!as well as ozzfest. funny how I see the same types of people at both shows
Quote 0 0
woa
Gnomez wrote:

Talk about dedication....
Good luck with the tix man!!!

Done deal. Got the presale code and scored VIP  
Quote 0 0
zfw
got tickets. $115 apiece.
Quote 0 0