HallowedPoint
So what does everyone think, I just finally picked it up about 3 days ago, I think it's pretty good, way better than the last couple, I think my favorite song so far is Diggin Me Down.
Quote 0 0
MIDDLE_FINGER
HallowedPoint wrote:

So what does everyone think, I just finally picked it up about 3 days ago, I think it's pretty good, way better than the last couple, I think my favorite song so far is Diggin Me Down.

Never will be another Blizzard/Diary as we all know right!
I say its one of his best in a long time also.I gave it a few listens the day it hit and give it a c+.

Diggin me Down is the best,agreed!

Quote 0 0
f_darkbladeus
HallowedPoint wrote:

I love it too. It really impressed me big time.

Blizzard and Diary are good, but not more so than other albums Ozzy has since released. They each had their points. And each had weaknesses. I love Randy's solo's, who wouldn't? And the touch he put on music. It was stunning, beautiful. But many of Ozzy's other guitarists have been equally outstanding. Each in their own time in their own way. I think deifying RR (or his lyrics writers) puts yourself in a frozen state. I just don't see things the same. Ozzy's music is fluid and beautiful throughout the years.

The only album I don't personally find much in is Bark at the Moon, and that is probably due to the depression everyone was in after the plane crash, you know?

I got my copy of Scream before it released, as part of getting my Ozzfest ticket. I was into it big time right away. The little clips on the video release just didn't give enough flavor for the CD imho. The album is excellent.
---
I'll believe it the day Ozzy sings a real love song. ::animatedlaugh
Quote 0 0
Wizard_of_Ozz
Fearless and Crucify are also fairly epic!
Quote 0 0
AlpineValleyGirl
my boss has two grandsons in the army
one on the ground in Afganistan and
they LOVE Fearless over by d'ere
(puttin on my Chicawgo accent for ya)

I've only listened to it about a dozen times
and I think its better than most

reserving my opinion of Gus G until I see him play live
THREE WEEKS FROM TOMORROW!!!!
Helping My Boss Find His Own Ass with Both Hands since 1986!
Quote 0 0
Kola_Knut
i hear you. my daughter also screams too much.
maybe she needs some snake oil. or maybe not.
RIDE THE SNAKE MON!

Quote 0 0
f_darkbladeus
Kola_Knut wrote:

??? didn't get that one. but then I can be dense sometimes lol.

I thought the military would love Fearless. It's a gnarly and pretty alpha song. I've listened to the album now about 50 times and I love it front to back.

I've seen Gus on the Youtube video's of their tour over in Europe. He is amazing!

I hope Adam, Gus, Ozzy, Blasko and Tommy work together without Mr. Churko or anyone else around to direct things. Wonder if something like magic will come forward if everyone just lets it flow naturally. I like the style of Black Rain and Scream, but would love to see something different at the same time.
---
Quote 0 0
Crazy_eyes
I can't wait to hear what Gus actually WRITES rather than hear him record what Zakk writes.
Quote 0 0
SantaBarbaraJohn
I like Scream a lot...I got it and met Ozzy at a signing in LA two days before it came out.  I've listened to it tons since then.  Diggin Me Down and Fearless stand out for me too but on different days they all resonate in one way or another.  I think Gus G is excellent.  Can't wait for Ozzfest at San Manuel in 17 days.
Rocksinsb
Quote 0 0
Kola_Knut
f_darkbladeus wrote:

Kola_Knut wrote:

??? didn't get that one. but then I can be dense sometimes.

WOW. took the words right out of my mouth yet you said it about yourself right here right now and thats a good thing!
RIDE THE SNAKE MON!

Quote 0 0
f_darkbladeus
Kola_Knut wrote:

f_darkbladeus wrote:

Kola_Knut wrote:

??? didn't get that one. but then I can be dense sometimes.

WOW. took the words right out of my mouth yet you said it about yourself right here right now and thats a good thing!

I see you figured out how to size an image Kola. Little steps, that's progress.
---
Quote 0 0
f_darkbladeus
Wonder how many songs from Scream the band will decide to do?

And, when is Ozzy going to announce his tour for the album?
---
Quote 0 0
Wizard_of_Ozz
We shall see
Quote 0 0