mikhail Show full post »
Catzzz
Mike93 wrote:

On my old account I edited some stuff in my profile and now I can't see the forum at all.
Quote 0 0
ozzfesthelp
All - apologies again. If you are having specific issues please email us at ozzfest@bubbleup.net with specifics so we can address - including login issues, profile issues, things you miss from the old site, users you want to see removed from the new site (kidding).

We have a bunch of tweaks we are making as well as additional functionality to make this as familiar as possible and we actually do give a fuck what you think, so let us know what the new site needs to improve.

We can't help you if you don't like the line up... but the website stuff we can.
Quote 0 0
MikeGimmelli
if you guys are having trouble with your old account, there should be some sort of link either before or after you try and login with your old account that you have to click on and it will send you a new password to your email and you login with that one and change your password to whatever you want after you login.  also, when it gives you the password, and it says something about a "promotional code" or something, you dont have to enter any code, just leave it blank and click 'OK'.
Quote 0 0
Mike93
MikeGimmelli wrote:

if you guys are having trouble with your old account, there should be some sort of link either before or after you try and login with your old account that you have to click on and it will send you a new password to your email and you login with that one and change your password to whatever you want after you login.  also, when it gives you the password, and it says something about a "promotional code" or something, you dont have to enter any code, just leave it blank and click 'OK'.

Yeah, my old account was up and running. I posted a few times. But as soon as I changed stuff in my profile, the whole forum just disappeared.
Quote 0 0
mikhail
Mike93 wrote:

Yeah, my old account was up and running. I posted a few times. But as soon as I changed stuff in my profile, the whole forum just disappeared.

Howdy, did you happen to modify your email in the profile setting?

BTW, avatars and signatures should now transfer properly.
-Mikhail
Quote 0 0
Mike93
mikhail2 wrote:

Mike93 wrote:

Howdy, did you happen to modify your email in the profile setting?

BTW, avatars and signatures should now transfer properly.

No, I didn't change my email. I think I changed my phone number and date of birth.
Quote 0 0
mikhail
Mike93 wrote:

No, I didn't change my email. I think I changed my phone number and date of birth.

The account edit issue should be resolved, accounts that were messed up should now be functional again.
New avatars can also be uploaded.

For those interested in the technical details:

We had a permission issue that occurred when users updated their accounts they were switched to a user group with no forum permissions. This group now has full forum permissions and all accounts will be joining the group transparently.  

-Mikhail
Quote 0 0
Mike423
mikhail2 wrote:

Mike93 wrote:

I think we found and now fixed that error. I am double checking.

Yup, looks like it, this is my old account and it works now. Thanks a lot!
Quote 0 0
Mike423
When I use the search it says I'm not allowed to use it.
Quote 0 0
zfw
Quote 0 0
highrise
things are starting to clear up now
Never try, you either do it or don't waste your time.
Quote 0 0
chilidog1980
highrise wrote:

things are starting to clear up now

Indeed.............we got starz.
Quote 0 0
Graveyardawaken
Live DD wrote:

?can we delete some sections please, like 2006 band discussion

haha right!?
Quote 0 0
Graveyardawaken