unknownarmy
Ok I'm looking foward to OzzFest 2011 if there is one. I'm hoping it goes back to the OLD OZZFEST and tours around US States. Sooo Waiting for Ozzfest and Mayhem fest to get to Indiana. Going through posts I saw one about mosh pits. Sooo whats proper edict for a mosh pit? I see "respect the pit" My hardest part is finding one at the past few concerts/festavls i've been too. Soo educate me on the Mosh pit! Figured it would be an amusing topic if there is feed back. Plus its better than everyone complaining about what bands are playing at what event. If ozz fest kicks off I will be there no mater who is playing. Just like I'm gona go to Mayhem even tho I dont care for some of the bands. Soooo Hope I see a responce about mosh'ing

Mike
Quote 0 0
LOKISrevenge
Ya knock'em down.....then you help'em up ....simple
Quote 0 0
minime
LOKISrevenge wrote:

Ya knock'em down.....then you help'em up ....simple

pretty much it...

watch for ''Head Hunters'' you know those dumb fuks who lurk around waiting for
some one who either is not paying attention or is too drunk to be in a pit...seen way to
many people get hurt really bad like that....
Quote 0 0
Gnomez
Correct me if I'm wrong but there must be different sorts of pits?
I have been to some shows where everyone up front is just headbanging or jumping up and down together...other shows Ive been to a dirty big hole has opened up in the crowd and people are just running back and forth across the gap, pushing people into the middle, scragging them by the arm or collar and throwing them around...it looks like a huge fight has suddenly erupted....people on the outskirts get pissed off as they get shoved and pushed by all the flailing bodies
Quote 0 0
AlpineValleyGirl
I've loved watching the evolution of The Mosh over the years.  we used to call it slam dancing back in the punky 70's and it was basically the Pogo or crazy headbanging.  then it kind of morphed into partners beating the crap out of eachother, then involving the rest of the crowd.  then when the crowd got too thick, they would go up and over and start surfing.  but for the life of me, I could never understand moshing to slow songs.  we saw Smashing Pumpkins one time and people were moshing and surfing to some of the lamest shit.

there's a couple of brothers we know we've called The Dancing Fools because they took over the dancefloor doing whirling dervish/vogue moves while wearing the shredded tshirt & jeans look.  but that was in the 80's

but damn I loved being in the pit before it got too violent.  nowadays I prefer to stay on the edge, pushing the moshers back and barracading them off from the rest of the crowd.
Helping My Boss Find His Own Ass with Both Hands since 1986!
Quote 0 0
Xenocide720
Just don't throw punches.
Quote 0 0
minime
looks like you had a great time ......

horns up
Quote 0 0