Gnomez
Prodigy's hit song "Smack My Bitch Up" has been voted the most controversial song of all time in a poll conducted by the UK-based Performing Right Society (PRS).

Released in 1997, the un-censored version attracted a ban from the BBC and attracted criticism from feminist groups.

The song's video contains graphic portrayals of drink driving, drug use, violence and sex.

The Sex Pistols' God Save The Queen was second most controversial and Frankie Goes To Hollywood's Relax came third.

Smack My Bitch Up was off Prodigy's album The Fat of the Land.

PRS Music chairman Ellis Rich said the results demonstrated the link between music and society.  "Many of these songs have achieved iconic status because of the controversy or because the record was banned."

Top 10 Most Controversial Songs:

1. Smack My Bitch Up - The Prodigy
2. God Save The Queen - The Sex Pistols
3. Relax - Frankie Goes To Hollywood
4. Kim - Eminem
5. Killing In The Name - Rage Against The Machine
6. Ebeneezer Goode - The Shamen
7. Suicide Solution - Ozzy Osbourne
8. Get Your Gunn - Marilyn Manson
9. Angel of Death - Slayer
10. Dear God - XTC
Quote 0 0
Crazy_eyes
I figured "ear God" would be #1.  I posted a link to the video on my f-book and got more hate comments than ever before.
Quote 0 0
stevenstrong
Mother alone got DANZIG banned from mtv for eternity! And its not even hiz blackest work.

(Throws 20lb sledge at wife)...(Braveheart style)
Quote 0 0
FIRSTOZZYFAN
Gnomez wrote:

Prodigy's hit song "Smack My Bitch Up" has been voted the most controversial song of all time in a poll conducted by the UK-based Performing Right Society (PRS).

Released in 1997, the un-censored version attracted a ban from the BBC and attracted criticism from feminist groups.

The song's video contains graphic portrayals of drink driving, drug use, violence and sex.

The Sex Pistols' God Save The Queen was second most controversial and Frankie Goes To Hollywood's Relax came third.

Smack My Bitch Up was off Prodigy's album The Fat of the Land.

PRS Music chairman Ellis Rich said the results demonstrated the link between music and society.  "Many of these songs have achieved iconic status because of the controversy or because the record was banned."

Top 10 Most Controversial Songs:

1. Smack My Bitch Up - The Prodigy
2. God Save The Queen - The Sex Pistols
3. Relax - Frankie Goes To Hollywood
4. Kim - Eminem
5. Killing In The Name - Rage Against The Machine
6. Ebeneezer Goode - The Shamen
7. Suicide Solution - Ozzy Osbourne
8. Get Your Gunn - Marilyn Manson
9. Angel of Death - Slayer
10. Dear God - XTC

Lists like this can only exist because of  prudish censors....."Smack my bitch up?" REALLY?....so..like women arent allowed to have fun now?...newsflash..women can be as bad as boys....and if thats fun for them tough shit. Thats why we left britain in the dust...we had to rescue those fags from hitler too...they should man up and then the rock and roll world would be all the better for it.
And by bastardizing OZZY on that list they conveniently leave out HELTER SKELTER...which was Charles Manson`s death soundtrack....by that logic they should have included that on the list too as OZZY`S suicide solution didnt have jack ass shit to do with the irresposible acts of those misguided youths who took no responsibility with thier parents for thier weak demise......fuck those punks....and fuck that asswipe who wrote that list.....his mother probably STILL beats him.

Quote 0 0
AlpineValleyGirl
keep in mind this is the same repressive bunch that banned
Bow Wow Wow's version of "I Want Candy"
because it was sung by a 16 year old girl

a very wet, nubile 16 year old girl playing on a beach in the music video

shows how their dirty little minds work, eh?
Helping My Boss Find His Own Ass with Both Hands since 1986!
Quote 0 0
FIRSTOZZYFAN
AlpineValleyGirl wrote:

keep in mind this is the same repressive bunch that banned
Bow Wow Wow's version of "I Want Candy"
because it was sung by a 16 year old girl

a very wet, nubile 16 year old girl playing on a beach in the music video

shows how their dirty little minds work, eh?
Makes me think the movie PIRATE RADIO was 100% true....

Quote 0 0
Crazy_eyes
I can understand some songs bein' banned from FCC controlled radio due to lyrics (like Cannibal Corpse), but there is no reason to say bad things about them like "they make people commit murder or suicide".  Those people are just retarded.  Also, about Mother, I used to see that on MTV all the time.
Quote 0 0
stevenstrong
so did i, but it was probably the live version with concert footage, not the version were DANZIG wuz puttin chicken blood on the bitches n wut not, and think about it, do u recall ever seeing any other DANZIG videos on mtv after that?? mayb at like 3 in the morning on headbangerz ball re-runs or sumthin but other than that they gave GLENN pretty much no air-play. instead of hittin the towers the sand-niggerz should hav crashed into mtv headquarterz and saved us all from their "reality" tv commi bullshit.
Quote 0 0
Deputy_Potatoes
Relax didn't cause controversy, it went right over everyones head.
Quote 0 0
stevenstrong
1. weird al yankovich- im fat.
Quote 0 0
Crazy_eyes
All Micheal Jackson songs should also be on that list.  Just because of what kind of person he was.
Quote 0 0
ChickenFucker
Thought G N R -  One in a Million would be on there. That was pretty controversial at the time.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Quote 0 0
stevenstrong
"They" hate g n r on here dood...
Quote 0 0
Gnomez
I heard that at a recent concert in Australia Axl was 2 hours late to go on stage and heaps of fans lost patience and walked out in disgust
That's enough to piss anyone off
Quote 0 0