ozzrokk Show full post »
laurjohn2
i've only heard the one song, scream, and am not too impressed with the guitars.  I am a huge fan of Zakk, and loved both Randy and Jake as his guitarists.  Ozzy has a knack of picking unbelievable people to play around him, so i will reserve judgement untill the cd comes out, and i see him at ozzfest
Quote 0 0
ministrymember99
TheNotoriousJaz wrote:

ministrymember99 wrote:

Regardless of your personal interests and opinions of Gus G.
The FACT is Gus is a more talented guitar player. I like keyboard...MORE KEYBOARDS!!!!!!!!!
I think he sounds A LOT like Jake as for as riffage is concerned, so Im excited for the new album.

No that is an opinion.
Your opinion.

You cannot compare Gus, Zakk, Randy, etc.

They all have different playing styles. It's like comparing apples and oranges. They're all fine in their own right, it's just a matter of which style you like best.

You can compare them because they all play Hard Rock and metal, you can even compare jazz guitarists to country guitarists...it's not like comparing apples to oranges...which is also poissible...its comparing guitarists too other guitarists.
THE FACT is Gus G. can play things that zakk wylde either CANNOT or DOES NOT play. Zakk's solo's are great but have a redundant sound, He is a much better riffer than soloer put plain and simple. I own 4 BLS albums and 5 of the albums he is in with ozzy and Ive never heard him play more than 4 scales, or use any "advanced techniques" while on the other hand Ive noticed on just the one firewind album that I have and the new ozzy song GUS plays 9 scales and every advanced technique Ive ever heard. If that does not make Gus a better guitar player than I dont know what does...JAKE & GUS have similar styles and I loved BATM so im really really pumped for the new album!!!
Quote 0 0
Crazy_eyes
TheNotoriousJaz wrote:

ministrymember99 wrote:

Regardless of your personal interests and opinions of Gus G.
The FACT is Gus is a more talented guitar player. I like keyboard...MORE KEYBOARDS!!!!!!!!!
I think he sounds A LOT like Jake as for as riffage is concerned, so Im excited for the new album.

No that is an opinion.
Your opinion.

You cannot compare Gus, Zakk, Randy, etc.

They all have different playing styles. It's like comparing apples and oranges. They're all fine in their own right, it's just a matter of which style you like best.

You put that shit better than anybody else so far.
Quote 0 0