FIRSTOZZYFAN Show full post »
paozzygrrll56
[move]i am sad about this, glad i got to see him with sabb and heaven and hell. KEEP THA HORNS UP IN HEAVEN DUDE.[/move]
Quote 0 0
FIRSTOZZYFAN
TONY IOMMI: RONNIE 'Loved What He Did, Making Music And Performing On Stage' - May 17, 2010
BLACK SABBATH/HEAVEN & HELL guitarist Tony Iommi has released the following statement regarding the passing of his bandmate, legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW):

"Yesterday 16th May my dear, dear friend Ronnie James Dio passed away at 7.45am L.A. time.

"I've been in total shock; I just can't believe he's gone.

"Ronnie was one of the nicest people you could ever meet. We had some fantastic times together.

"Ronnie loved what he did, making music and performing on stage. He loved his fans so much. He was a kind man and would put himself out to help others.

"I can honestly say it's truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years.

"His music will live on forever.

"Our thoughts are with Wendy Dio [Ronnie's wife/manager] who stood by Ronnie until the end. He loved her very much.

"The man with the magic voice is a star amongst stars, a true professional.

"I'll miss you so much, my dear friend."

**For me,....Ronnie James Dio was someone I heard about in some band called RAINBOW( didnt listen to very much of it until later),..I know,..it was huge,...but at the time I was like most young know it all punks,..I only listened to what I was familiar with and loved at the time,..and that was Black Sabbath....so when Sabbath broke up and Dio stepped in to keep it going,...Ozzy came out with a POWERFUL solo career,..it was like I had TWO Black Sabbaths to listen to...Ozzy`s voice with his new people,...and Tony, Bill, Geezer, with DIO  makin new records.
It was a really cool era and I was all good with what I, as a fan, had to enjoy.
Thanks for that Ronnie....**
FOF

Quote 0 0
Jeffsters
I also first heard dio in rainbow.. At the time i lived in a little town just north of San Diego, Ca. called Rainbow, Ca.  I was 10 at the time and been in love with ronnie every since.. I love you buddy!  You live in our hearts forever!  Thanks for everything!
Quote 0 0
minime
Ronnie sings with the Angels now......

my heart is heavy today........

Quote 0 0
puffpuffpass
i was listening to some sabbath w/ dio just last week and me and my friends were talking about how bad ass it' be to see them live.
dio was a metal god.
r.i.p.
Quote 0 0
Sanitarium_55
He now resides with thre rest of metal's greatist musicians. His legacy will live on forever. R.I.P. 
Quote 0 0
AlpineValleyGirl
one of the most influencial voices of rock has been silenced. 
his vocal style was pure, distinctive and powerful.
the man was true metal, right up to the end.

we are the last in line.
Helping My Boss Find His Own Ass with Both Hands since 1986!
Quote 0 0