Useless
Anyone knows how to get back to NYC after the show in Camden tomorrow? I'm really worried about missing the transit at 11.49 PM from Philiadelphia 30th street station...

So, can someone please help me out with a backup-plan, if I would miss this connection?

It would be highly appreciated! 
Quote 0 0
OzzIsGod
GPS 
Quote 0 0
Useless
Mr. Tinkertrain wrote:

GPS 

Huh?

I may be a stupid Swede, but how the hell is a GPS gonna get me to NYC? Unless you're meaning that I should walk with the GPS in my hand... But that's not even funny... 
Quote 0 0
OzzIsGod
I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking. 

Yeah, why would you take the transit if you had a car? Sorry, stupid me xD

I'm not sure what to say, man. Hopefully someone else can help you, or you might have to just stay overnight somewhere and take the transit the next day.
Quote 0 0
FIRSTOZZYFAN
Useless wrote:

Anyone knows how to get back to NYC after the show in Camden tomorrow? I'm really worried about missing the transit at 11.49 PM from Philiadelphia 30th street station...

So, can someone please help me out with a backup-plan, if I would miss this connection?

how are you traveling? bus or train?...did you take AMTRAK from NYC? Please say no...I have detailed info if you need it. I can patch up what plans/concerns you have..

Quote 0 0
Useless
Mr. Tinkertrain wrote:

I'm not sure what to say, man. Hopefully someone else can help you, or you might have to just stay overnight somewhere and take the transit the next day.

I have a car. In Sweden... Unfortunately, I can't even rent a car, since I'm only 19. Otherwise I' go by car  

But, worse  case scenario, there seems to be a train leaving at 12.30 AM, but it costs 67 bucks... Guess I'll have to buy myself a place in someones car in order to get back to NYC. Any volounteers to help my out?
Quote 0 0
Useless
FIRSTOZZYFAN wrote:

Useless wrote:

how are you traveling? bus or train?...did you take AMTRAK from NYC? Please say no...I have detailed info if you need it. I can patch up what plans/concerns you have..

I'm gonna take the rail (NJTransit) from Penn Station tomorrow morning, so no, I didn't and will not take AMTRAK from NYC. Can you help me in some way?
Quote 0 0
Useless
FIRSTOZZYFAN wrote:

Useless wrote:

Mr. Tinkertrain wrote:

I have a car. In Sweden... Unfortunately, I can't even rent a car, since I'm only 19. Otherwise I' go by car  

But, worse  case scenario, there seems to be a train leaving at 12.30 AM, but it costs 67 bucks... Guess I'll have to buy myself a place in someones car in order to get back to NYC. Any volounteers to help my out?
If you are traveling TO The Camden Ozzfest from NYC`s Penn Station heres what you should do.
GO TO  PENN Station NYC @ madison square Garden..on 7th ave.
You probably can find it really easy from anywhere in NYC by taking a cab there.
THEN:
Take the New Jersey Transit Northeast corridor rail to TRENTON New Jersey. It`s like $15.50.
....once in Trenton NJ at the transit center..switch to THE RIVERLINE light rail ....take that all the way to the very last stop...it`s at the OZZFEST sussquehanna bank arena( CAMDEN)...thats another $2.
When Ozzy is on his very last song make your way BACK to the riverline platform....go back to TRENTON and then back to Penn station NYC. I`ll post train schedules in a bit. Trains run VERY late into the night from trenton to NYC...but you
better get on that riverline out of Camden.
(round trip per person is $35 from NYC.) there will be people around to help you..

Thank you, good sir!

Although, my problem is the same. What if I miss the last rail from Camden?!

You don't happen to know when the last rail leaves the platform in Camden? And how long Ozzy will be playing? I really do appreciate your replies!
Quote 0 0
Useless
FIRSTOZZYFAN wrote:

Depart :  NEW YORK PENN STATION at 9:14 AM
Board : Train 7829 toward TRENTON TRANSIT CENTER
Arrive : TRENTON TRANSIT CENTER at 10:44 AM

Fare         Regular         Child/Senior/Disabled
Bus         $0.00         $0.00
Rail         $15.50         $7.00
Transfer Fee         $0.00         $0.00

Total         $15.50         $7.00

The New Jersey transit RIVERLINE light rail can be taken from Trenton Transit center here I believe.......when you buy your ticket from NYC...buy it ROUNDTRIP from the ticket window...if you buy it on the train its REALLY expensive.
The light rail tickets are to be time stamped once you are waiting to use them.
To go back on the light rail you have to have a new ticket and stamp it again.

Can't I just buy a roundtrip-ticket at Penn Station, that will take me from NY to Camden via Trenton, and then back?

And, sorry for repeating myself, but you don't happen to know when the last rail leaves the platform in Camden? And how long Ozzy will be playing?
Quote 0 0
FIRSTOZZYFAN
Useless wrote:

FIRSTOZZYFAN wrote:

Depart :  NEW YORK PENN STATION at 9:14 AM
Board : Train 7829 toward TRENTON TRANSIT CENTER
Arrive : TRENTON TRANSIT CENTER at 10:44 AM

Fare         Regular         Child/Senior/Disabled
Bus         $0.00         $0.00
Rail         $15.50         $7.00
Transfer Fee         $0.00         $0.00

Total         $15.50         $7.00

The New Jersey transit RIVERLINE light rail can be taken from Trenton Transit center here I believe.......when you buy your ticket from NYC...buy it ROUNDTRIP from the ticket window...if you buy it on the train its REALLY expensive.
The light rail tickets are to be time stamped once you are waiting to use them.
To go back on the light rail you have to have a new ticket and stamp it again.

Can't I just buy a roundtrip-ticket at Penn Station, that will take me from NY to Camden via Trenton, and then back?

And, sorry for repeating myself, but you don't happen to know when the last rail leaves the platform in Camden? And how long Ozzy will be playing?
WOW! I just saw what the outcome will be. Ozzfest is on sunday and the RIVERLINE stops running out of Camden at 8:59 pm!
WOW! Usually it runs till like 1:00AM! I`m so sorry....DONT FOLLOW my directions....you will get there but will be stuck until 5:00AM! and CAMDEN is NOT safe at night. its just not. Dude..sorry about that glitch. I was gonna use the light rail myself. now I have to drive. Damn!

Quote 0 0
FIRSTOZZYFAN
how the hell will you get across the river to 30th street anyway?That looks to be your best bet. I never went that way though...good luck. Hopefully you`ll get there O.K.
WOW! so much for going green this year.......NJ is really pathetic sometimes.

Quote 0 0
FIRSTOZZYFAN
USELESS.....tell me you got that........

Quote 0 0
Useless
FIRSTOZZYFAN wrote:

how the hell will you get across the river to 30th street anyway?That looks to be your best bet. I never went that way though...good luck. Hopefully you`ll get there O.K.
WOW! so much for going green this year.......NJ is really pathetic sometimes.

Damn. Well, then I'll either have to get to 30th street station in like 15 minutes, or I'll have to pay 67 dollars for a AMTRAK trainride. Strange that the public transport isn't better in such a large city...

I can get across the river with some ferry, that runs extra during/after the concert. But I'm not sure that'll be fast enough to catch the transit at 11.49 PM.

I'm guessing that the show will end about 11.15 PM. If I run like hell and have sharp elbows, I should be able to get outside of the stadium at 11.30 PM. That leaves me with 20 minutes to stop a cab (which might be tricky) and get to 30th street station. Possible, in theory, but maybe not practically...

How about downtown Philadelphia? Is it safe to like sit at a Starbucks until 5 AM?
Quote 0 0