ozzreigns
I'm old school 80s' but I'M starting to like some of the new bands and was wondering how you name the differant types of metal
Metal will rule the world again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote 0 0
Unregistered
what a broad question. There's so many subgenre's it'd take 5 billion years. Try wikipedia.
Quote 0 0
hellion
real simple 2 definitons , umm u can call it crap , that means its what american MTV SAYs is "metal" into the 90s and on,, and u can call it metal and that means its probably not american :-P since ur old enough to know 80s metal, keep listening to slayer and tallica, cause the newer bands rip them off riff for riff, like lamb of slob,, omg i swear to christ they just listened to 10 diff 80s bands, one being slayer one being def leppard, and they stole every single riff and put it togther in terrible ways, but thats american music, its not insane musicians anymore, its suited up record label execs dressing down and pulling a milli vannilli on stage.
Quote 0 0
Unregistered
I must say I'm rather partial to Pantera...they're (were) American...some southern metal is pretty sweet.
I'm pretty much with you on the "most American 'Metal' sucks" thing, though.
Quote 0 0
Maddening_Disdain
Death
Black
Power
Progressive
Folk/Viking
Doom
Heavy
Thrash

That's it. Everything else such as melo-death, drone, etc is just a variation of one of those eight subgenres.
Quote 0 0
hellion
oh early pantera was fuckin metal,, but their newer shit makes me hate them somethin feirce,, like tallica
Quote 0 0
hellion
maddening u didnt mention hardcore,,, lol i wouldnt have either, as its more like punk than metal, but we are at the ozzfest site, so someone will add it
Quote 0 0
Maddening_Disdain
That's because hardcore is a subgenre of punk, not metal.
Quote 0 0
hellion
oh yeah dont forget boy bands like backstreet boys,,, and alternative like kr0n (opps that made korn sounds like a killer band), and easy listeneing like cold play,

so add boy bands
alternative
and easy listening

cause I get a lot of chiks tellin me they listen to metal, and thats all that is in their collection
so i guess ive ben outta the music scene for too long and thats metal now
Quote 0 0
hellion
the term emo was actually used to describe hardcore first, im just sayin someone on this stil will it , hatebread is on the ozz line up
Quote 0 0
hellion
site will add it *
Quote 0 0
sampson
No, hellion, not even close.
People who don't like Ozzy but spend all their time on his board need to get lives.
Anything >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Caex's Life
Quote 0 0
hellion
not close on the emo thing? , umm yeah ian mckay made it up, do u kno who he is
Quote 0 0
Maddening_Disdain
Wrong, it was first used by Rites of Spring. Ian Mackaye was in Minor Threat.

Oh, and the term emo was an insult back then, too. Nobody took it seriously.
Quote 0 0
sampson
No, not close on the "boy bands, alternative, and easy listening" thing.
People who don't like Ozzy but spend all their time on his board need to get lives.
Anything >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Caex's Life
Quote 0 0