f_darkbladeus
...sucks.

Seriously. What's up with the steep prices on every fricking thing you get in, which of course you must get because they don't allow anything in?

---
I'll believe it the day Ozzy sings a real love song. ::animatedlaugh
Quote 0 0
Jayman
I usually spend like 60 bucks at these type of fests which isn't bad at all, but that's me.  40 for beer and 20 for food and I"m usually good.  If you're a really big drinker and you eat 3 meals in there and buy merch and have to pay for parking, then it's a very expensive day
Quote 0 0
stevepwn
i bought in a gym bag with 3 waters bottle in it.. the guy open my bag and let me in he didnt care
Quote 0 0
f_darkbladeus
stevepwn wrote:

i bought in a gym bag with 3 waters bottle in it.. the guy open my bag and let me in he didnt care

The venue in CA? Manager said "Nothing is coming in. No blankets, no bottles, no chairs, nothing." I even asked if water would be allowed in and he said "No. It is not because it will be thrown." I asked if that was the case even if you had a doctors note saying you were prone to dehydration and it could be life-threatening, and he said "No. Water is available for sale." Usual price for water? $5-$8 a bottle. Over the course of one day, that's easily the $40 mentioned above. Water that is free is typically over 100 degrees coming out of the tap, if they even have a free tap available.
---
Quote 0 0
FIRSTOZZYFAN
f_darkbladeus wrote:

...sucks.

Seriously. What's up with the steep prices on every fricking thing you get in, which of course you must get because they don't allow anything in?

Umm....it`s called the entertainment industry???
The same at the movies,.....5 cents worth of corn kernels go for about $6.00 in NJ at a movie.
The same at hotels,...they have to pay someone to order it,...ship it,..recieve it,...store it,..examine it,..logistically prepare it,..serve it,..clean up after it,...and open and close the point of purchase site,...and staff it at area wages.
If one wants to go to the big shiny show and live it up,....you gotta pay for the item and add a profit on top,..plus tax.
Consider it a bargain,....water is worth more than money or diamonds anyway,....you just dont know it yet.

Quote 0 0
f_darkbladeus
FIRSTOZZYFAN wrote:

The same at the movies,.....5 cents worth of corn kernels go for about $6.00 in NJ at a movie.
The same at hotels,...they have to pay someone to order it,...ship it,..recieve it,...store it,..examine it,..logistically prepare it,..serve it,..clean up after it,...and open and close the point of purchase site,...and staff it at area wages.
If one wants to go to the big shiny show and live it up,....you gotta pay for the item and add a profit on top,..plus tax.
Consider it a bargain,....water it worth more than money or diamonds anyway,....you just dont know it yet.

Right. Thank GOD I live where it comes down in buckets every day and has been for the past 6 weeks. But I get the general gist. I think? I would worry more about the air you're breathing personally. Or the drugs being pumped in by the truckload and making most of those who would have been capable of paying attention to the larger picture incapacitated. Serj said that one best.

Anyways...not to be a poop but I still think profit margins are WAY too high. I' imagine many natives are becoming millionaires on reservations. They have gotten into the entertainment business, and charge those kinds of prices because they can.

Not saying the venues aren't nice. But seriously. It's a bit much. Never cost that much EVER in the past. Just this last ten years. I'm sure it's inversely correlated with how many people even buy concert tickets anymore.

And? Where I go to see movies is in a dollar theater. Popcorn is about $2.xx a bag. With my size purse, it's free (cuz I can sneak some in). Not saying I do or anything. Just saying IF I wanted to. Which I don't because I don't like popcorn. Nothing there alone costs $6. What are you talking here, a freaking 55 gallon drum trash bag size?. HOLY CRAP! 
---
Quote 0 0
FIRSTOZZYFAN
f_darkbladeus wrote:

FIRSTOZZYFAN wrote:

Consider it a bargain,....water it worth more than money or diamonds anyway,....you just dont know it yet.

Right. Thank GOD I live where it comes down in buckets every day and has been for the past 6 weeks. But I get the general gist. I think? I would worry more about the air you're breathing personally. Or the drugs being pumped in by the truckload and making most of those who would have been capable of paying attention to the larger picture incapacitated. Serj said that one best.

Anyways...not to be a poop but I still think profit margins are WAY too high. I' imagine many natives are becoming millionaires on reservations. They have gotten into the entertainment business, and charge those kinds of prices because they can.

Not saying the venues aren't nice. But seriously. It's a bit much. Never cost that much EVER in the past. Just this last ten years. I'm sure it's inversely correlated with how many people even buy concert tickets anymore.

And? Where I go to see movies is in a dollar theater. Popcorn is about $2.xx a bag. With my size purse, it's free (cuz I can sneak some in). Not saying I do or anything. Just saying IF I wanted to. Which I don't because I don't like popcorn. Nothing there alone costs $6. What are you talking here, a freaking 55 gallon drum trash bag size?. HOLY CRAP! 
In NJ there is no larger picture......it`s an etch-a-sketch make of it what you will life here.

Quote 0 0
f_darkbladeus
FIRSTOZZYFAN wrote:

In NJ there is no larger picture......it`s an etch-a-sketch make of it what you will life here.

Ah yes, I did catch kind of linear, jagged thought patterns.  that explains it then.
---
Quote 0 0
Kola_Knut
stevepwn wrote:

i bought in a gym bag with a 60lb bowling ball in it.. the guy saw my bag and let me in he didnt care

thats cause you could EASILY knock his socks-off! 
RIDE THE SNAKE MON!

Quote 0 0
Stumperxxx
My whole speil on this is, fuck the water and beer will never cost what its worth!!!  SEEE YOU ALLL SOON!!! woot woot
Quote 0 0
paozzygrrll56
hey gang thats what tailgating is for get ya drunk on before tha show, i get there 2 hrs early sos i can eat an drink up then im good for tha day. maybe buy one water then whatevers free in vip lounge. CAMDEN WILL ROCK IT. btw security was cool with water bottles at mayhem did not see anybody hassled at the gate.
Quote 0 0
Stumperxxx
Just look for a car rental with 2 canadians and we will take care of all your before concert needs!!!
Quote 0 0
clozzy
Stumperxxx wrote:

Just look for a car rental with 2 canadians and we will take care of all your before concert needs!!!

bwame caniduz
bwame caniduz
fo hall terr beezie widdle eize
ahnd heds hall pwaked wif liez
bwame caniduz
bwame caniduz
weez muuzt fwam ah fw00l asshault
eetz caniduz fwalt! 
::sinister::sinister
m/(-.-)m/ w00t (.)_(.)_(.)_(.)_(.)_(.)
m/(-.-)m/ w00t (.)_(.)_(.)_(.)_(.)_(.)
::sinister::sinister
Quote 0 0
Stumperxxx
wow what?
Quote 0 0
f_darkbladeus
Stumperxxx wrote:

wow what?

Right. I ask myself that all the time with these zzz posts. Not sure what this person with multiple identities is on, but they really do enjoy taking this way past the point of funny. I' be careful broadcasting anything like that on this site in any case.

I'll be coming with two teens, so water is important not to mention being able to afford taking care of them during the day. Trying to do my part and expand their realities with Ozzy but the sad fact is it's gonna be probably 3 before we step in the gates cuz i can't spend $40 a piece for just water in one day per person, over $100 for all of us. It's just nuts.
---
Quote 0 0