f_darkbladeus Show full post »
evilrob666
Venues will continue to rape people in the ass and get away with it if people keep forking over the money that allows them to do so.  I hit one big festival a year the last 4 or 5 years, and I eat a big breakfast or lunch before I go, and hydrate myself thoroughly.  They were letting people in with gallon jugs of water at Mayhem this year down in Phoenix.  It was also like 118 that day, so I'm sure they didn't want to get sued for not allowing people to drink water.  But yeah, concessions for concerts and sporting events has spun way out of control.  The last time I was in San Manuel amphitheater (, beer was 10 fucking dollars.  I can't even imagine how much it is now.
Quote 0 0
f_darkbladeus
that's my plan, as it has been for each fest i've ever gone to. hydration is the main one, like i start NOW so by the concert I'm really set. because i get heatstroke reeeeeeeeallly easy. the other thing i do is what you said, pig out with a bunch of food the day before and before entering the gates. so i don't have to buy crap. the manager of this venue says NOTHING comes in. fuckers. they know it's gonna be over 100 there but NO FREAKING WATER? please.
---
I'll believe it the day Ozzy sings a real love song. ::animatedlaugh
Quote 0 0
Kola_Knut
f_darkbladeus wrote:

Stumperxxx wrote:

wow what?

Right. I ask myself that all the time with these zzz posts. Not sure what this person with multiple identities is on, but they really do enjoy taking this way past the point of funny. I' be careful broadcasting anything like that on this site in any case.

I'll be coming with two teens, so water is important not to mention being able to afford taking care of them during the day. Trying to do my part and expand their realities with Ozzy but the sad fact is it's gonna be probably 3 before we step in the gates cuz i can't spend $40 a piece for just water in one day per person, over $100 for all of us. It's just nuts.

gawddamn Cannucknucklehead! 
RIDE THE SNAKE MON!

Quote 0 0
Stumperxxx
LoL, guys im just playin around. Im just super stoked to be rockin to a sick ozzfest at my age.  Dont mind what i have to say.  LoL, i deff think it would be sweet if some of us forum ppl met up either before or during or after.
Quote 0 0
f_darkbladeus

Well, this woman took nothing up the tailpipe. I drank water from the fountain. Bought 2 lemonades and that's it. I was ready to eat my car tires when I left, especially cuz I helped out a chick who was blasted and lost her friends until they could hook back up which took an extra hour plus given they were equally fried. Kids.
---
Quote 0 0
Jayman
Yeahh  kids today   

Quote 0 0
f_darkbladeus
Jayman wrote:

Yeahh   kids today   

She had taken a shitload of pills and drank on top of it. When the parking lot was emptying out, it wasn't a good deal for her to be alone not thinking clearly with so many guys around all pumped after the show. She had got in a fight with her boyfriend. I'm like "sweetie, we'll get this figured out." It took fucking 4EVER. If I was a guy I would have beat the shit out of her boyfriend when we finally connected. Nothing was "learned" on her part by him pretending he had left her 90- miles from home. Fucking douche bag. I hope when they both sobered up they realized how lucky they both were. They have a 1 year old daughter. It would not have been good had she ended up dead.

The guys and I were hungry but it was all right. Sigh. They say what goes around comes around, I hope when I need it someone carries the load. I think it's already been the case from time to time in my own life.
---
Quote 0 0
Jayman
That was extremely nice of you to do that.  Most people wouldn't have done that.  A lot of kids are just so irresponsible when it comes to drugs and alcohol and they just don't think or show any kind of judgment and it sounds like the boyfriend was a piece of garbage.  If they were in fact kids, but if they weren't, they behave like kids.  Scary to think people like that are parents.  
Quote 0 0
f_darkbladeus
Jayman wrote:

it sounds like the boyfriend was a piece of garbage. Scary to think people like that are parents.  

They were in VIP. I think they were privileged and completely unaware of how dangerous real life can be. Immature? Definitely. They were maybe 21. All I could think of was the young girl at Metallica, Morgan. The guy deserved a beating for leaving the mother of his child completely fucked up and at the mercy of the night. Jesus Christ. She said he' done it before. 

How was venue pricing where you went? Where did you go btw?
---
Quote 0 0
Jayman
f_darkbladeus wrote:

Jayman wrote:

it sounds like the boyfriend was a piece of garbage. Scary to think people like that are parents.  

They were in VIP. I think they were privileged and completely unaware of how dangerous real life can be. Immature? Definitely. They were maybe 21. All I could think of was the young girl at Metallica, Morgan. The guy deserved a beating for leaving the mother of his child completely fucked up and at the mercy of the night. Jesus Christ. She said he' done it before. 

How was venue pricing where you went? Where did you go btw?

Oh right, I did hear about the girl at the metallica show.  Tragic. 
I haven't gone yet.  I'm going to the Hartford show tomorrow and the mansfield show on tuesday.  The only thing I really know is beer prices  lol.  about 8 dollars for a 16 ounce and about 12 for a 24 ounce I think      That's fairly standard at these places so I know what to expect. 
Quote 0 0
f_darkbladeus
two shows...wow, i wish i lived close enough like that. i would DEFINITELY go to another one. I spent alot of money to get a good seat. not to broadcast but people from lawn were filling paid seats at the show. it was a bit of a pissoff given what i' paid. but it was all good in the end. they probably couldn't afford to pay. i got to see the show in a great seat, but the pit was a BIT too big imho to charge what they did to sit where i sat.
---
Quote 0 0
Jayman
Oh wow.  They let people from the lawn go to the seats, or they just did it? 
I"m lucky to be Living in NY where I have the opportunity to go to several shows all within driving.  There's almost never a NY show, but CT, NJ, Philly, and MA are all within driving distance.  I actually did 4 ozzfests in '04 because judas priest played and they are my favorite band.  ANd sabbath is also one of my top favorites.  With them on the same stage I had to.  I've never gotten the pit tickets before though. 
Quote 0 0
f_darkbladeus
they just did it. they were doing lawn upgrades to pit for $20 all day. 
---
Quote 0 0
f_darkbladeus
Rob Halford is a GOD of metal. The man has so much talent. His show has alot of his solo stuff in it. IDK what people bitched about, it was PHENOMENAL. Maybe cuz they weren't close enough IDK. The pitt was huge, it wasn't too cool to pay a buck fifty to sit THAT far from the stage, you know? Wow, it was too much. But, he was so good.

San Bernadino (and with minor order changes IL & PA):

Silent Screams
Resurrection
Made in Hell
Golgotha
Crystal
Nailed to the Gun (Fight cover)
Made of Metal
Heart of a Lion (Judas Priest cover)
Never Satisfied (Judas Priest cover)
Saviour
---
Quote 0 0
Jayman
I'm really looking forward to that.  I love his solo stuff.  A lot of people complain that they want judas priest.  They did major tours two years in a row, so you' think these same people would've caught them on the tour if it was so important to them.  His solo stuff is real good metal
Quote 0 0