Gnomez Show full post »
AlpineValleyGirl
I followed the link you posted on the official Black Sabbath tour dates list - got confused - it says it was in Pennsylvania but other sources say it was new york.  (?)  also did a little research and tried to find stories of people being trampled to death or set on fire at any Sabbath shows, although one story I found said someone was run over by a car and he was ok.  got any links to news archives on that?  you would think that kind of thing would be easy to find . . and  - PAY ATTENTION!  NOT DOUBTING YOU!  JUST TRYING TO FIND MORE INFORMATION . . .

I did find another link to an audio recording of a Black Sabbat show riot in Milwaukee Oct 9, 1980 - cool/scary
Helping My Boss Find His Own Ass with Both Hands since 1986!
Quote 0 0
kissfan77
styx at elgin comm college late 73 early 74 all i remember was lady hadn't broke yet
Quote 0 0
AlpineValleyGirl
kissfan77 wrote:

styx at elgin comm college late 73 early 74 all i remember was lady hadn't broke yet

styx played the high school my family went to around that time
I didn't go because I was only 9
Quote 0 0
poweslave
seasame street live
Quote 0 0
elsuperbeasto
Ozzy, Filter, and Prong on the Retirement Sucks Tour
Quote 0 0
SantaBarbaraJohn
I'm an old bastard.  My very first concert was The Byrds (original lineup) in Santa Barbara in 1966.
Rocksinsb
Quote 0 0
RyGuy009
RUSH in 2006!
Quote 0 0
FIRSTOZZYFAN
AlpineValleyGirl wrote:

I followed the link you posted on the official Black Sabbath tour dates list - got confused - it says it was in Pennsylvania but other sources say it was new york.  (?)  also did a little research and tried to find stories of people being trampled to death or set on fire at any Sabbath shows, although one story I found said someone was run over by a car and he was ok.  got any links to news archives on that?  you would think that kind of thing would be easy to find . . and  - PAY ATTENTION!  NOT DOUBTING YOU!  JUST TRYING TO FIND MORE INFORMATION . . .

I did find another link to an audio recording of a Black Sabbat show riot in Milwaukee Oct 9, 1980 - cool/scary

NOBODY died at that show I assure you....it was actually in Pennsylvania...not NY state.
It was called the Albany NY show on the ticket much as when Ozzfest plays Camden it says Philadelphia in the information.
Anyway...there was NOBODY in a car on fire..it was a car that was rolled over into a gulley by some kids tripping having great American fun..simply setting a car on fire for shits and giggles...nobody was toasted up into a crispy hideous unrecognizable carbon remnant of thier past human self...it was just a harmless concert prank...you know...kind of some mirth and merriment just to harmlessly pass the time while that shitty frizzy haired DIO played one of his Sabbath gigs.. All kids do that.......burn stuff up when that shitty frizzy haired DIO comes out to play. Yeah...it happens all the time.
And nobody died at the concert either...NO trampling deaths happened...there were UNRELATED motor vehicle accidents not at the concert.
That would mean if on the way to a show hours before it started in PA a car travelling at 110 MPH while the driver was on LSD and the nagging backseat driver was on mescaline grabbing at the wheel...and that car careened into a gullley bursting into a hideous raging inferno with all twisted metal and guts on the highway...that would be a concert death?? I find that hard to believe....I think SOMEONE...you know who....needs to get a fucking grip.

Quote 0 0
AlpineValleyGirl
l thought that something like that, especially after the Who riot in 1979, would get press, and I searched the New York Times archives and a few other sources and couldn't find anything official.  lots of anecdotal posts about it, but no actual trusted sources.  sorry, I don't even believe Wikipedia for specifics - too easy to mess with the facts.

Quote 0 0
Gnomez
I value your wealth of knowledge FoF....and I agree Dio was frizzy haired....but he wasn't shitty
unless by shitty you mean angry?
RIP RJD
Quote 0 0
zfw
AlpineValleyGirl wrote:

Rush 1979, Farewell to Kings tour, Chicago's International Amphitheater
they started the show with 2112 all the way through   

That was actually the Permanent Waves Tour in 1980 when they started opening with 2112. 4 shows at the International Ampitheater (I was at 2 of them). The A Farewell to Kings Tour was in Chicago in early '78 at the Aragon Ballroom (went to the first of the 3 shows - my first time seeing Rush). And they also did a short warm-up tour for Permanent Waves where they opened with 2112 and did a couple new songs before the album was out. Saw two of those shows at Alpine Valley and Comisky Park in Chicago late summer of '79. The best Rush tour ever that I remember was the Hemispheres Tour at the International Ampitheater in late '78 (3 shows, maybe 4..I went to the first one.) That show was epic.
Quote 0 0
MEATSANDWICH
Tom Fucking Jones
Quote 0 0
Wizard_of_Ozz
Bump
Quote 0 0
Tiger479
Finally found my ticket stubbs, July 2000, Metallica with Korn, and Kid Rock at Texas Stadium 
Quote 0 0