Captain_Omnipotent
who believes that this will remind all the remaining members of black sabbath that they dont have time left in their lives for petty arguments about the name of the band and who gets control of it, leaving them to understand they must reunite and tour/record again before its too late?
Quote 0 0
FIRSTOZZYFAN
Captain_Omnipotent wrote:

who believes that this will remind all the remaining members of black sabbath that they dont have time left in their lives for petty arguments about the name of the band and who gets control of it, leaving them to understand they must reunite and tour/record again before its too late?
Ummmmm   ....well ...yeah,...I think of that everyday....I see first hand how precious and fragile all lives are and that we are all lucky to have the people in our lives that we do. Black Sabbath has been blessed with a massive ability to tour, earn money, and enjoy the stardom they have achieved. If they retire thats cool too.....they have well more than earned it...but if they want to play they need to put it all into the perspective of the BIG picture,...life is fucking fragile and short.
Will this latest demise of an amazing talent in RJD put the will back on the front burner to get Black Sabbath coming around again?? Its something that certain people should think about.......certainly they more than likely will......the original Beatles...Gone. The original Stones...Gone...Led Zeppelin...Gone. The Who,..gone....I could go on and on,....its not up to me....but I`d be there. There is ONLY THE HERE AND NOW,...the THEN AND LATER may not ever be......

Quote 0 0
Jayman
Captain_Omnipotent wrote:

Possibly.  But they've done it so many times already.  I'm just glad I caught them last time around.  I love Ozzy and all, but let's face it,  the man has seen better days performance wise.  He sounded amazing with Sabbath in '04 and '05, but now?  Eh I"m not so sure how great he' sound.  BUt it' be cool if they did the reunion.  If they don't, then I say bring in Tony Martin!  But that wouldn't exactly be a  hot ticket seller
Quote 0 0
ministrymember99
Actually.
Bill stated recently that the name dispute is water under the bridge.
Its been settled but he's not really sure what conclusions ozz & tony have come to.
AND
a tour seems pointless to me... the same old set list they have been playing since '97 gets a bit dull. If they pull out a few gems or even jam like they used to...that would be something that would be worth seeing.
AND
a new record is HIGHLY UNLIKELY. Iommi, Butler, & Ozzy have all said that it was near impossible to get anything out that didnt seem forced. The music wasnt up to their standards and it was scraped.
(but there are some recordings that remain unheard from their 2000/2001 recording sessions)

Collaborations with certain original band mates shouldnt be ruled out or a tour. But the original line-up with a new album most likley wont come to fruition. And the 2000/2001 stuff my surface after iommi or ozzy passes. (god forbid)
Quote 0 0