laurjohn2
LAS VEGAS?Police say Motley Crue singer Vince Neil was arrested in Las Vegas on a drunken driving charge.

.The 49-year-old rocker was being held on $2,000 bail at the Clark County jail pending a court appearance after his arrest early Monday. It wasn't immediately clear if Neil had an attorney.

Las Vegas police Officer Barbara Morgan said she didn't immediately have details of the arrest.

Neil is the frontman for the heavy metal band with hits like "Girls, Girls, Girls" and "r. Feelgood." He and his fourth wife live in Las Vegas, where he has tattoo shops, a bar called Feelgoods Rock Bar and Grill, and the Vince Neil Tres Rios Cantina at the Las Vegas Hilton.

Quote 0 0
Crazy_eyes
Why does this seem like complete bullshit?
Quote 0 0
FIRSTOZZYFAN
Vince Neil arrested on DUI charge in Las Vegas

By KEN RITTER (AP) ? 4 hours ago

LAS VEGAS ? Motley Crue singer Vince Neil, who last week had declared his sobriety, was arrested on drunken driving charges after getting pulled over by police in his Lamborghini near the Las Vegas Strip.

The 49-year-old rocker was taken into custody about 11:15 p.m. Sunday when he was stopped in the black sports car after leaving the Las Vegas Hilton hotel, Officer Bill Cassell said. Neil was released Monday after posting $2,000 bail.

Attorney David Chesnoff called it "premature" Monday to respond to the charge until he and attorney Richard Schonfeld collect information about the arrest.

Cassell, a Las Vegas police spokesman, said details of Neil's arrest would not be publicly released, and a police report would not be made available during the investigation.

Neil is the front man for a four-member heavy metal band known for its bad behavior, hard partying, famous girlfriends and hits like "Girls, Girls, Girls," and "r. Feelgood." He said last week that he was sober and that there are "other things in life than just drugs and alcohol."

Neil and his fourth wife, Lia, live in Las Vegas, where Neil owns tattoo shops, a bar called Feelgoods Rock Bar and Grill, and the Vince Neil Tres Rios Cantina at the Las Vegas Hilton.

He recently released a solo album, "Tattoos and Tequila," covering 1970s rock songs and a rendition of Elvis Presley's "Viva Las Vegas."

In an interview last week with The Associated Press about a tell-all book due out in September, Neil said he hadn't used drugs in 20 years and had stopped abusing alcohol.

"There's just a point in your life where you kind of stop, that's what happened with me," Neil had said. "There's other things in life than just drugs and alcohol."

Neil said he admired the sobriety of top performers today.

"Those are the guys that are doing it right," he said. "It's the ones that self-destruct with the drugs and alcohol that have gone by the wayside many years ago."

Cassell said police also were looking into a report of an incident involving Neil, a female fan and a broken camera in front of the Las Vegas Hilton hotel.

The arrest was not Neil's first drunken driving case. In 1984, he crashed a sports car head-on into another car in Redondo Beach, Calif., killing his passenger, Nicholas Dingley, a 24-year-old drummer with the group Hanoi Rocks.

Neil, then 25, wasn't injured. He later pleaded guilty to manslaughter and drunken driving, served 20 days in jail, and agreed to pay $2.5 million in restitution to victims.

Neil also has had misdemeanor battery charges dismissed at least twice in California and Nevada after performing community service. One stemmed from an accusation that he roughed up a prostitute in 2003 at the Moonlight Bunny Ranch brothel in northern Nevada.

Neil is due Sept. 27 in Las Vegas Justice Court.

AP staff writer John Carucci in New York contributed to this report.

Some people NEVER learn,......he has killed before...what prevented a deadly outcome this time????
Not his luck,...the people who werent anywhere near him at the time,...it was THEIR luck.
I have zero respect for scumbags like this...I see the result.
Suck it all up Vince,...right down to the last drop.
Ozzy should kick your ass off the tour. I would.....

Quote 0 0
TheNotoriousJaz
This really sucks. It's bad press for Ozzfest and for Motley Crue.
It's a shame he can never seem to get a handle on his "rockstar" life.

"stand and deliver or the devil he may take you"
http://www.myspace.com/maaxmetal
Quote 0 0
FIRSTOZZYFAN
TheNotoriousJaz wrote:

This really sucks. It's bad press for Ozzfest and for Motley Crue.
It's a shame he can never seem to get a handle on his "rockstar" life.
Yeah well,,,money and the powers that be in his little isolation bubble will sweep 99% of this from the public eye. His publicist and the hotel management @ the Hilton will be sweeping this "incident" involving the scuffle with his female photo-fan right under the "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" rug.
Facts will be hidden FAR from the REAL world outside his Las Vegas hotel enclave,,,,,,why strive to be famous and then smash some girly fans camera cuz she wants a pic.?? What a jerk off.....an alcohol fueled RAGE,,, lashing out at a fan.
Money gets you off any charge,,,,,what a tool.

Quote 0 0
FIRSTOZZYFAN
It gets better:

Vince Neil -- Allegedly Smashed Before DUI

Originally posted Jun 28th 2010 9:09 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

TMZ has learned Las Vegas PD had been hunting for Vince Neil before his DUI last night -- because he was a suspect in a camera-smashing incident earlier in the evening.

sources tell TMZ -- around 11:53 PM, a woman told police Neil had grabbed her camera and smashed it after she took his picture sometime last night.

We're told cops went looking for Neil to question him about the incident -- and a short time later, officers spotted Neil's car and pulled him over ... where he was subsequently arrested on suspicion of DUI.

TMZ spoke to Neil's wife -- who tells us the rocker had been sober for three years. She's currently en route to Vegas to bail Vince out.

UPDATE 10:58 AM PT: Law enforcement sources tell TMZ they received a call about an intoxicated driver. We're told cops found Neil driving near Las Vegas Blvd. and pulled him over. Officers detected alcohol and he was given a field sobriety test and was subsequently placed under arrest for suspicion of DUI. Neil posted bail within the hour.

Yeah....smashing a fans camera in a drunken RAGE,...thats real cool rockstar shit Vince,....go check yourself into a rehab bitch..

Quote 0 0
Wizard_of_Ozz
'suspect in a camera-smashing incident'......might it have been the TMZ guy's camera that seem to have been up his ass during his stay in Vegas???
Quote 0 0
f_darkbladeus
didn't follow them that closely to know TMZ =was= up his behind. However, ABC News reported it was definitely a woman who filed the complaint about the cam. I personally think the guy is a sleeze. His wife is too. Talk about Botox city...lol. She was pretty at one time though. When she was natural.
---
I'll believe it the day Ozzy sings a real love song. ::animatedlaugh
Quote 0 0
TheNotoriousJaz
Wizard_of_Ozz wrote:

'suspect in a camera-smashing incident'......might it have been the TMZ guy's camera that seem to have been up his ass during his stay in Vegas???

Those people are relentless and soul sucking. I came across their "tv show" one night flipping through channels. I was pretty disgusted by it.
If someone was hounding me or someone I was with, I' smash a camera too.

"stand and deliver or the devil he may take you"
http://www.myspace.com/maaxmetal
Quote 0 0
Crazy_eyes
Those damn pazzarazi's are fucking stalkers.  They don't deserve to have thier cameras smashed, they deserve to go to prison.
Quote 0 0
Deputy_Potatoes
I hope Vince gets the slammer, it is all he deserves now, sad about the rest of Crue though, I think they had a couple good albums and tours left in them.  On to TMZ, I can't watch that show, because if my life goes as planned, I will be on that show sometime, as a celeb, and I won't want those guys following me around, especially if I am not doing anything wrong.
Quote 0 0
Mantooth
Ricky, that would mean that you' agree to play by Sunnyvale Trailer Park rules. You willing to put that in writing?
Quote 0 0
minime
Wizard_of_Ozz wrote:

thats my thinking.........
Quote 0 0
FIRSTOZZYFAN
TMZ wasnt there at all. Not at the moment of,...either during the camera incident nor the DUI.
The TMZ photos were taken in 2007,..during ANOTHER DUI. Ironically it was that 2007 DUI that will keep him from serving any jail time. In the 2007 case he was also charged with another motor vehicle offense for which he plea dealt guilty. Due to the plea deal he had the DUI swept away,...so this one wont put him in jail...follow that? Either way,...he keeps doing it
I get it that papparazi are different than a regular star struck fan wanting a snapshot. They are too aggressive,....I always ask permission to take someones picture.
If you are in the limelight and you are in the place you have your "cantina",...people will naturally want your picture,...WTF did he expect? It was a fan,.....BIG difference.

Quote 0 0
Crazy_eyes
FIRSTOZZYFAN wrote:

TMZ wasnt there at all. Not at the moment of,...either during the camera incident nor the DUI.
The TMZ photos were taken in 2007,..during ANOTHER DUI. Ironically it was that 2007 DUI that will keep him from serving any jail time. In the 2007 case he was also charged with another motor vehicle offense for which he plea dealt guilty. Due to the plea deal he had the DUI swept away,...so this one wont put him in jail...follow that? Either way,...he keeps doing it
I get it that papparazi are different than a regular star struck fan wanting a snapshot. They are too aggressive,....I always ask permission to take someones picture.
If you are in the limelight and you are in the place you have your "cantina",...people will naturally want your picture,...WTF did he expect? It was a fan,.....BIG difference.

Tell me this.  How do you know TMZ wasn't there and the camera he smashed didn't belong to a paparazzi?  Did you KNOW that person?
Quote 0 0